Patrick Willis runs a 4.37 and 4.38 40 at Proday

From nfl.com pro day listing

Willis (6-1, 237 pounds) ran the 40-yard dash in 4.37 and 4.38. He also had a 4.37 short shuttle and 7.10 three-cone drill. He stood on his numbers from the Combine for the rest. He had a phenomenal workout and clearly made several seven-figure increments in his rookie contract.

I'm assuming that's a typo...but dag if it isnt

I don't necessarily believe that Pat Willis ran a 4.37 in the 40, but I do believe he can run a 4.5 and make lots of tackles!!

I take him right now -- he is a playmaker!!! :sure:

He will have to get better at pass coverage, but I believe he has the quickness and football smarts to become an effective pass defender.

Willis will go in the top 10.

We may like Willis a lot, but we don't have the ammo (draft picks) to trade into the top 10

There will be plenty of other good players available at 18, probably one or more of: Hall, Revis, Nelson, Carriker, Beason. Heck, we may even be able to trade down, pick up a low 3 or high 4, and still get one of these fellows

I don't know about his overall ability as a player, but IMHO I'll take good hands over speed every day of the week as far as recievers go. (Does anyone remember Steve Largent? Not great speed, but if the ball was anywhere near him, you could bank on a catch!) Sure, speed/quickness helps one get open, but it's all about what you do after the ball gets there.

I don't know about his overall ability as a player, but IMHO I'll take good hands over speed every day of the week as far as recievers go. (Does anyone remember Steve Largent? Not great speed, but if the ball was anywhere near him, you could bank on a catch!) Sure, speed/quickness helps one get open, but it's all about what you do after the ball gets there.

Uhm, we're talking about a LB here, buddy.

Wrong thread I'm assuming. :sure:

Uhm, we're talking about a LB here, buddy.

Wrong thread I'm assuming. :sure:

Oops...you are correct sir. God, I gotta start reading the entire thread. :rolleyes: Still, I believe I was speaking in general terms about speed versus hands, which applies to almost every skill position whether it be on offense or defense.