Potential Henry Replacement?

What about Martin Nance from the Miami(OH) University?

He is huge (6'5") and is a great Possession reciever. Reminds me of Mushin Muhammed.

Problems are his injury problems (Previously tore his ACL) but still put up big numbers. He is a very intelligent player as well.

If we got something for KWubb, we should use our composition pick here on this guy:

a-nance092003.jpg

Am I the only one doesn't want to spend another pick on a WR?

I don't want to either Rover, but since no one thinks S**T of PK Sam, we might have to... You have to love the size on this guy, I know nothing of him though. How is his route running, what kind of speed does he have ?? Henry has size, speed, and can go up and get the ball. Henry spread the field with his speed. We need a new thread titled, "Why is Henry such an ASSMONKEY" ??

WHODEY !!!

Martin Nance won't fall below the 2nd Round, and could crack the 1st round if Carolina, Denver, or Seattle wanted to take a chance on him. How about Demetrius Williams out of Oregon in the 3rd, if anything. WR is not a 1st Day neccessity.

Now as for 2nd Day, Jonathan Orr or Travis Wilson in the 4th would both be good picks, as would Orr's teammate Brandon Williams who can also return punts.

Martin Nance won't fall below the 2nd Round, and could crack the 1st round if Carolina, Denver, or Seattle wanted to take a chance on him. How about Demetrius Williams out of Oregon in the 3rd, if anything. WR is not a 1st Day neccessity.

Now as for 2nd Day, Jonathan Orr or Travis Wilson in the 4th would both be good picks, as would Orr's teammate Brandon Williams who can also return punts.

If it came down to a Day 2 WR who had the same type of ability as Henry to stretch the field, none would be better than Todd Watkins of BYU IMO. Watkins had a chance to develop into a 1st round pick but doesn't look like he'll be able to effectively run anything at the next level other than the sideline go. If he can come anywhere close at the combine to showing teams he's at least willing and able to run at least slants, he'll boost his chances of going late in Day 1. But Watkins should still be there in the 4th or 5th round.

I understand that Sam isn't the answer, but even so, why do we even need another receiver? I think that Tab and Walter are both ready to step it up. We could keep the Squirrel as a precaution, but I don't see the need for a receiver. I see a starting strong safety as a bigger need than a third wide receiver.

Jonathan Orr, WR out Wisconsin. Big guy like Henry with some playmaking ability and would be a goto guy in the redzone. If he's there in the 4th, or maybe with the KW compensation pick in the 3rd.

Brandon Williams, WR, Wisconsin. Big-time playmaker who also returns punts. May be there in the 5th.

Those are the two guys I'm eyeing...