Has Chad Johnson's Attitude Changed?

I think it's too early to tell. I think the first time he "celebrates" and get's the team a penalty will be the last time he "celebrates" cause he probably won't play the next week. Coach Lewis will not tolerate hurting the team...

Like Paul Brown said, act like you've been there before....I think these dumbasses celebrating like they won the lottery just cause they made a play should be beaten with a stick...I mean if you look at the truly great players they didn't act like bufoons when they did something....Damn it's their job...

But I think a good portion of Chad celebrating was him going hey, look at me, look at this team....cause he knew the Bengals needed the attention nationaly, and he helped get it...I almost wouldn't be surprised if the whole thing was Marvin inspired...I mean now that the media knows about him and the Bengals again he doesn't need to draw that kind of attention to him, or the team...but before, even if the Bengals would win who pays attention? No one nationally, that has changed thanks in part to Chad and his celebrations....

I mean if you look at the truly great players they didn't act like bufoons when they did something....Damn it's their job.

You're so right here Kevnz! Prime example of class? Sweetness himself...Walter Peyton. Too bad we've lost such a great example to football players today! Hell, even Jim Brown did it too, just dropped the ball in the endzone, and shot you a look that said "I'll be back here in about ten minutes doin' the same thing!" :lol:

You're so right here Kevnz! Prime example of class? Sweetness himself...Walter Peyton. Too bad we've lost such a great example to football players today! Hell, even Jim Brown did it too, just dropped the ball in the endzone, and shot you a look that said "I'll be back here in about ten minutes doin' the same thing!" :lol:

My favorite example would be Barry Sanders....I mean almost any touchdown Barry ran in looked impressive, but did he act like a idiot and dance and scream look at me??? Nope, handed the ball to the ref and did it all over again...That was class.

Excessive celebrations are for punks and simply represent part of the downfall of our societal morals... It is my opinion that the NFL should give the ball to the opposing team at midfield to start their next possession, fine the offender(s) $250,000 and suspend them for 2 games for any act that is deemed "inappropriate"... "Inappropriate" can start w/ anything that is pre-meditated and also include things such as a throat slash or taunting an opponent after a score... If the NFL lays down the law and a few big mouths hurt their teams w/ such repercussions, these punk acts would cease real quick like...!! Just imagine how much a punk would get hammered by his teammates if he costs them a game or two - peer pressure is a powerfull tool...!! Maybe I'm harsh, but men need to act like men, not 10 year olds!! Grow up punks!!!!!!!!

Excessive celebrations are for punks and simply represent part of the downfall of our societal morals... It is my opinion that the NFL should give the ball to the opposing team at midfield to start their next possession, fine the offender(s) $250,000 and suspend them for 2 games for any act that is deemed "inappropriate"... "Inappropriate" can start w/ anything that is pre-meditated and also include things such as a throat slash or taunting an opponent after a score... If the NFL lays down the law and a few big mouths hurt their teams w/ such repercussions, these punk acts would cease real quick like...!! Just imagine how much a punk would get hammered by his teammates if he costs them a game or two - peer pressure is a powerfull tool...!! Maybe I'm harsh, but men need to act like men, not 10 year olds!! Grow up punks!!!!!!!!

Geez! I thought I was a hard ass! :P Are you a former U.S. Marine Bengal44? If not, you shoulda been! B)

Actually what happened is Chad a big celebration planned, but the NFL got wind of it and told him not to do it or something, so that's how he reacted.

http://www.bengals.com/press/news.asp?iCur...=0&news_id=2109

Well crap kchrpm! After reading your article link, I think I voted WRONG!! He ain't never gonna give up! :blink: