We got our MLB. Who to go after now?

Now that we got a MLB does that take DJ.Williams and Vilema off the radar for the 1st round. I think Webster will be an animal for us. If we get A.Plummer in FA. I would think the only place to go in the draft would be DL. And assuming T.Harris, Wolfolk, K.Udez are all gone. That leaves us with R.Starks or W.Smith. Neither of these get me excited. Whoever we pick I want them to contribute this year. EX C.Gamble will be our 3rd CB behind T.James & A.Plummer.

But I do have faith in Lewis.

I'd have to think that we're going to put ourselves in the same position the Redskins did, only we'll be signing upper tier players instead of the elite ones.

We got a middle linebacker, but he has some questions. We'll add a DT, and a CB, and possibly a Safety too. By the time the Draft comes around, we'll be able to add youth and depth at those same positions as each round comes around.

We're also looking at a center from the Giants as well.

::the first round comes around and all the good d-lineman are gone.. we'll add a cornerback.

::" ' " "" and all the good cornerbacks are gone, we'll add a D-lineman..

:: same thing goes for the linebackers.

We already cut ,Oliver Gibson, have to think that Jeff Burris,Artrell Hawkins will be fighting for their roster spots...and the same goes for Carl Powell,Glen Steele,Adrian Ross too.

Good points Chris. I will be surprised if any of those guys are back next year. I also think our new LB has alot to prove. I'm glad we are active in FA but excuse me for not getting overly excited about Webster. I was hoping for Barrett Green. I do think Webster is a good pick up and will help with special teams and depth at LB.

You're not excited because no one really knows about him....I mean, playing backup in the TB defense isn't taht bad, considered the talent they have on that side of the ball....I think they knew what was up when they drafted him....I can't doubt Coach Lewis's moves, not since we got Beckett, James, and Thornton last year...

ya i agree with squirrel boy(heh), webster was behind a very good LB core, and he was on the depth chart behind quarrels, a very good LB who was there before Webster arrived. He never really had a chance to start. If you look at his stats and if u ever watched the bucs play(they were on out here all the time), he did play alot even though he didnt start. Im not too worried about him, im just glad were moving hardy back to the outside, i dont think he was nearly as good in the middle as he will be on the outside.

You ask we do we go after now? Heh, well, think about it....the Ravens just got T.O.....so hmm.....if I'm facing him twice a year in MY division....Im pretty sure we'll go with a........................Cornerback maybe? Im just guessing...... ;)

And with the 17th pick in the April 2004 NFL Draft.... the Cincinnati Bengals select.....DeAngelo Hall, cornerback from the University of Texas Tech........(boooooooo)....( Yeaaaaaaah).......

---Chris Berman...' well we kinda thought this was going to happen when the Ravens signed T.O.

----Mel the hair Kiper.." He's an oustanding performer(always says that)..

----Joe Theismann..."..... I just knew Cade McNown was gonna be great".....

-----Chris Mortenson...." I knew the Bengals were gonna select him back in 2001...

-----Stuart Scott....." Wow,Bangin',Tight to DEf," Man that is Wack"..... and anything else they have him say...

And with the 17th pick in the April 2004 NFL Draft.... the Cincinnati Bengals select.....DeAngelo Hall, cornerback from the University of Texas Tech........(boooooooo)....( Yeaaaaaaah).......

lol hey chris its virginia tech :D but i like that

How bout we trade Dillon for Denver's 2nd(from the redskins) a do a little:

FA:

Troy Vincent CB (please o please o please o please)

Chris Bober OT/C/G (just play anywhere i don't care)

Draft:

1.) DeAngelo Hall CB (can never have too many good CBs)

2a.) Darnell Dockett DT (play him at DE to help the left side, could also go with Antwan Odom)

2b.) Marcus Tubbs DT (put some beef in front of Webster)

3.) OL or RB

4.) Best available

5.) "

6.) "

7.) "

i like it maybe gamble instead of hall but im not sure he'll be there

No no, Hall is the better CB, and would bring a real spark to the return game as well as special teams, that way we don't have to sit on another first round pick, he get's out on the field now....and Marvin loves guys that can play special teams, and Hall is from the best special teams playing school in college football...

My bad... my 6 year old distracted me with SpongeBob talk... It would appear.. that Sandy the Squirrel... no relation to Kelley the Squirrel Washington.. B) , is from Texas....

Oh yeah....I used to play Sandlot football with sandy....she's a good blocker man...and she can throw a deep ball.....her brother was a flying squirrel and he definitely lived up to the moniker....he could go after ANY jump ball and come down with it....I taught Sandy my squirrel dance, shell probably do it sometime whenever she gets out of her space suit :D

I taught Sandy my squirrel dance, shell probably do it sometime whenever she gets out of her space suit :D

Okay Squirrelly...it's put up or shut up time about this dance of yours! Get a digital camcorder, do your little dance, and post it somewhere that we can see it! :D Oh, and if I do like it, I still don't want "Deez Nuutzz"!! :lol:

Don't be shy, you talk about the thing all the time, so lets see you bust a move already!! B)

based on if we trade Dillon for a 2nd..

1. Vince Wilfork......dt, miami fla.

2a. Derrick Strait...cb, oklahoma

2b. Jake Grove....c/g. virginia tech.

3. Bob Sanders....ss,Iowa

4. Jerrico Crotchery.....wr, nc state.

5. Alex Wilson.....lb,wisconsin

6. Andrew Shull....de,kansas st.

7. Rod Rutherford...qb,pittsburgh.

based on if we trade Dillon for a 2nd..

1. Vince Wilfork......dt, miami fla.

2a. Derrick Strait...cb, oklahoma

2b. Jake Grove....c/g. virginia tech.

3. Bob Sanders....ss,Iowa

4. Jerrico Crotchery.....wr, nc state.

5. Alex Wilson.....lb,wisconsin

6. Andrew Shull....de,kansas st.

7. Rod Rutherford...qb,pittsburgh.

looks good, Wilfork being available is a bit optomistic, and i'd rather see that 4th used on a RB to backup Rudi.