Bengals Free Agent Possibilities

chrishcovga

I've been watching the Espn bottom line addictively watching all of these upper echelon players get released.

Ruben Brown,contract ,age,...pissed off Buffalo management basically...---offers us 3-4 good years at right guard and should come cheap.

Marcellus Wiley DE San Diego-----only 29 !! had 2 sub-par years and was probably released because of that stripper on Espn telling all his business. !! Definite option..

Brock Marion SS , Miami-----Older, but can't knock his special teams ability and his coverage ability in the slot. Not the hitter he used to be, but he's a definite option if we lose Roman or Beckett..? or should i say When..??

Shawn Springs cb Seattle,---- 3 years ago he was a pro-bowler.... 2 past seasons he's been injured , but word out of the Sporting News says Antoine Winfield will be given an upper tier contract.. even though he only has 6 career interceptions in 5 seasons.

Ahmed Plummer cb 49ers.,---personally I think he should be moved to Free Safety because he's so stiff ,but would add some legitimacy to our secondary...not a shutdown guy,but not as old as Tory James.

If there are some other guys we should go after ....put them down and why they'd be good Bengals..! :huh:

I figure this is a good spot for my first post...

Kim Herring SS St. Louis - He's younger than Marion (although i agree with Marion.) And has already played under Marvin in Baltimore.

Bobby Taylor CB Eagles - Not quiet as good as Troy Vincent, but he's younger. Already said he would be interested in playing under Marvin.

Dhani Jones LB Giants - In my opinion he would be a huge pickup. He's young and had something like 120 tackles and 3 sacks last season. Would be a good fit with Hardy and Simmons.

Antoine Winfield CB Buffalo - I saw that he will probably get an upper-tier contract too. But his size is a big concern with a lot of teams (5'9" 180.) So if he hung around long enough the Bengals could get him for a steal.

And who knows what could happen with the Dillion to Denver and Kitna to SD/SF deals. We good get some draft picks that would help out a ton in the future.

Kim Herring would definitly be a nice pickup for the Bengals. He's already said he'd like to play for Lewis again...but its hard to say if he wants it bad enough to take less money to be there. He could get some upper tier offers from other teams.

Winfield is all but set to got to the J-E-T-S Jets Jets Jets, so in place I'd love to see Bobby Taylor and/or Troy Vincent.

Dhani Jones is someone I hadn't heard mentioned yet,but he would be a nice fit. Good size 6-1 240 lb. He had 93 tackles, 27 asst., and 3 sacks last year. Sounds like a solid player who will probably not garner a high price.

On the offense I think Bober would be a decent pick up...he's still learning the position, tends to step back a little too quick and trip up the QB, but he's a good player who could easily fill the void at center,if/when Brahm leaves. I got to see both Jones and Bober play this year and I would not be disappointed to see either one in stripes.

Linebacker question was just solved about 2 hours ago..

Bengals signed Nate Webster.. 6'0 230 lb. 4 year middle linebacker from the Buccaneers. He played his college ball at Miami (fla.) he was a 3rd round pick in 2000.

Only started a few games,but carries a tenacious attitude,and is a special teams demon... has started at Middle linebacker from injuries to Shelton Quarles.

more like he was behind some pretty good backers, and he always played even though he didnt start. I think he could be a demon getting to the outside and in coverage. The only factor will be if he can throw off some blocks in the middle for run support.