Comish tells players to shut up!

Now what the hell is up with this s**t! The commissioner can take away first amendment rights now? WTF!! Just because some players see the problem, and speak out about it, he jumps all over their case!?! But the guys doin' the drugs can go about their business!?!

Baseball has TOTALLY lost it, and probably me too! :angry:

Man, baseball is all f**ked up dawg.....its like the sport of your childhood, and then you just grow out of it....I like the Reds and all, but I only casually follow them, and I cant watch a whole baseball game either...too f**king long (and boring for that matter, Shutouts arent fun to watch for fans) <_<

Well I still love baseball, that's why all this s**t makes me soooo crazy. I'm passionate about the Reds. That's what growin' up with the "Big Red Machine" does to a person. Baseball was real baseball in the '70's. It's slowly decended in this farce since, and it pisses me off! :angry:

Selig is worse than a flunky for the owners. He is an owner.

Oh yeah. I forgot. The Brewers or Twins, right? Talk about a conflict of interests! <_<

WOAH! Its the Brewers man, the Brewers.. leave my twinkies alone. :lol::lol:

Oops!! Forgot about your Minnesota roots. My bad! :P

Selig is worse than a flunky for the owners. He is an owner.

Oh yeah. I forgot. The Brewers or Twins, right? Talk about a conflict of interests! <_<

WOAH! Its the Brewers man, the Brewers.. leave my twinkies alone. :lol::lol:

Oops!! Forgot about your Minnesota roots. My bad! :P

I can certainly see the confusion. The year MLB was trying to remove two baseball teams, Minnesota was one. However, Carl Pohlad (Minnesota owner) offered his team so he could get the massive buyout. Man, did Minnesota go ape s**t. So much in fact, Minnesota now is an annual contendor for the NL Central. HA! Screw you Selig. HA! Screw you Pohlad!

I would like to see Selig pack his bags and leave! The game has done nothing but deteriorate on his watch, but since he's the owners flunky, they won't fire him!

Selig is only half the problem. The other half is is ugly twin sister Donald Fehr ( head of the players union and bloodsucker extrodinaire ).

Selig is doing nothing to control owners because he's one of them. Fehr doesn't care about baseball or the players beyond what they mean to him in terms of money. That is the problem of the game today. Money ! Now I know they're in it to make money, and I'm all for it ...... But ........ when it gets to the point that the non commissioner won't control salaries and the guy who's looking out for the players is glad because it means more in his pocket, then you've got a problem.

Selig doesn't want the players or the owners to talk about steroids because it'll hurt hte precious bottom line. Fehr is on the same page, because if his players get hosed for using steroids, there goes his meal ticket.

Selig and Fehr ................... a tick ............... a louse ........... and a leach..What do they all have in common ?????? They're all bloodsuckers. :ph34r:

Selig and Fehr ................... a tick ............... a louse ........... and a leach..What do they all have in common ?????? They're all bloodsuckers. :ph34r:

So why don't you just come out and say it!!!! They're ATTORNEYS!!!! :lol::lol::lol:

A lot of big changes are going to come out of this. I'm sure it will be for the better, but for now its going to get real ugly.

You musta had a crystal ball.

MSNBC whine of the week dishonorable mention Gene Orza.

He's the #2 guy in the players union, and evidnetly went to great lengths to explain why his players shouldn't have to be subjected to random testing for steroids. One of his arguments was that steroids aren't as bad as cigarettes.

I would say this borders on the ridiculous, but it goes way past that. Granted, both will kill you, but steroids will do it faster. I had never heard of this guy before to tell the truth, but evidently he's another of baseballs pimples that need to be popped. #2 is a fitting moniker for this guy.

Rank and file members of the union need to recognize that people like this are not working in their best interest and get rid of them. They need to ask him if steroids aren't bad then why is he not using them ?????? Just try to get steroids in this guy and watch how he fights ............ but it's OK for the guys who are providing his meal ticket.

He makes me sick ..................... anybody got an address for this nimrod ?????????

I not only think the players can turn the union over, meaning remove those that clearly don't have the interests of the game, but they should. I realize the union doesn't care about baseball or the integrity -- just their wallets --, but the players need to understand, the union is one MAJOR HUGE ENORMOUS culprit to baseballs problems today. I truly believe they are the ones that has caused attendance to drop, interest to die, and fans to not care anymore about the sport. I would only hope, and almost expect, the players to understand this and try to rehaul their organization. It baffles me to no end why the bird dumplings in suits watching with their rags to riches continue to allow the desolation of baseball to continue. I think the Union is 90% of the problem and -100% of the solution.

Sure you could blame the owners, but I think they genuinely care about getting baseball to the front of the sports map because after-all, its their investments that hurt the most. I mean you could truly blame the Reds crappy club this season on the Union and not Linder -- but that’s a stretch.

But jeep-man is right, this is going to get hella-ugly quick. Could this be the controversy of the 1919 scandal? HUMMM....

As of today,you can add " Yankees tell Jackson to quiet down ". Reggie Jackson was sounding off ( very appropraiately I think ) about players trying to use privacy issues as an excuse to avoid testing for steroids. Reggie said " that a lot of these guys are saying " we've got rights " but some of the substances that they are talking about are illegal, and no one has the right to break the law ". Dam good point I think.

Instead of telling him to be quiet, they should have put him on national tv. He's a hall of famer and his opinion swings a lot of weight wiht kids, guys new to the league, and veterans as well.

As of today,you can add " Yankees tell Jackson to quiet down ".

Phuck the Yankees! Mr. October should tell them to pucker up and kiss his a$$!! Since when do you lose your 1st amendment rights because you work for someone! These owners are one screwed up bunch of a$$holes!

Totally ruining what used to be a great game! Damn this pisses me the hell off! :angry:

As of today,you can add " Yankees tell Jackson to quiet down ".

Phuck the Yankees! Mr. October should tell them to pucker up and kiss his a$$!! Since when do you lose your 1st amendment rights because you work for someone! These owners are one screwed up bunch of a$$holes!

Totally ruining what used to be a great game! Damn this pisses me the hell off! :angry:

Ya know .............. I just gotta wonder what is up with this ????? I've got no real problem with companies saying that you're not allowed to make statements ( especially to the media ) that are dertrimental to the organization whether its a baseball team or a peanut factory. Don't bite the hand that feeds you and all that. But this guy is right on the money saying what he did. He wants the game clean and free of substances that give some players an unfair advantage. I don't see where that is harming the game in any way. Hell ...... if anything its helping by showing that not all of them have their heads up their rectums.

Was interested to learn in the testimony before congress that Don Fehr and McCain are old buddies. Been very close friends for " a lot longer than either of us would probably care to admit " according to Fehr. He ( Fehr ) definitely came off as the worst one there. I don't know how he kept a straight face when he said that people shouldn't be subjected to drug tests not because of something they did or didn't do, but simply because they are in a certain class. ??????????????? say again Don ????? Just which class do ballplayers belong to ??????? I'm subject to random testing, not only by my company, but also by any DOT officer who pulls me in for a safety check. Does that mean I'm in hte same class as ballplayers ?? cause if it does then I want a raise.