This is how other teams may see Dillon

And I quote:

"bajadad

Content Categories Players

Subject: Dillon

Comments: Please don't ask for Corey Dillon in a Ravens uni. He is a quitter. No matter how good he has been, or how bad his supporting cast has been, you can never forget the day he QUIT against the Ravens. How can you respect a player that left his teammates hanging like that. Do you think he was the only player getting "SPANKED" that fine Baltimore Sunday??? No, but he was the only one to QUIT!!! Let him play in the Arena league as far as I'm concerned. IMHO."

Well I think this may be the reason so little noise has been raised concerning him, eh? Not everyone else in the league is unable to recognize a cancer when they see it!!

<_<

Somebody is going to take Dillon. He screwed himself and the team though with his antics because all the other gm's figure that the Bengals will cut him and they won't have to trade for him.

Lewis is doing the right thing by insisting that Dillon is a Bengal under contract for the next 2 years and doesn't expect that to change. He's in effect telling other teams " I don't care what the wants. He's ours and I ain't cutting him ....... you want him .... trade for him. "

It'll take longer this way but it'll work .... and we won't end up getting totally shafted out of the deal.

As far as quiting goes, he quit as soon as Rudi had his first good game. He used the injury excuse as long as he could and when that ran out, he turned in several sub par perfomances. Grand finale of course was throwing his uniform into the stands.

We get a 2nd round pick for his sorry ass and I'd have the paperwork w/ pen handy before they change their mind. I'd also have Dillon outside in the hall with his mouth taped shut so he couldn't screw this up too.

But that's just me. B)

man, thats just dumb on his behalf.....for one, if you want out, play when you have the opportunity (which I believe he did honestly...at times) thats the best resume you can have, the current year....teams dont look at past years performance, that doesnt help them....so if he really wanted out he coulda been like, f**kit imma ghead and run the snot outta this football even with RUDI to let teams know im still in the mix....but maybe thats not how he thinks....

Please don't ask for Corey Dillon in a Ravens uni.

I dont give a f**k how bad the Bengals were wanting to shop him, they ARE NOT, i repeat NOT gonna give Corey to a division rival....WE all know what Corey does when hes angry (usually moody, but not always angry) and we don't want to f**k with him two times a year....I dont care what any bengals fan says about Dillon....they know in their heart its true....he'd have a justifiable reason to run over us all the time....and I guarantee he wouldnt quit facing us....

I wasn't pissed at Dillon for quitting during that game back in '00. It was just forsight for what was about to happen , and what should have happened.

We Blew the draft of 99. completely. Coach Coslet was nothing but a puppet for Mike Brown, and quit, emphasizing that very same sentiment in his farewell speech.

We had an opportunity to strengthen our team enormously that year,and instead ,we decided to sign Rod Jones long term to be our left tackle. That alone sent messages throughout the team what was about to Happen.

It was written after the '99 draft, that the players didn't want Akili Drafted; based mainly by the fact that it was Coslet that said Akili's workout wasn't impressive enough to warrant a # 3 overall selection. !!

Please don't ask for Corey Dillon in a Ravens uni.

I dont give a f**k how bad the Bengals were wanting to shop him, they ARE NOT, i repeat NOT gonna give Corey to a division rival....WE all know what Corey does when hes angry (usually moody, but not always angry) and we don't want to f**k with him two times a year....I dont care what any bengals fan says about Dillon....they know in their heart its true....he'd have a justifiable reason to run over us all the time....and I guarantee he wouldnt quit facing us....

You bring up an intersting point about Dillon being pissed and running over people. After he finally declared himself to be healthy again, he made a similar statement. He was good and mad and somebody had better look out because he was gonna run over people.

He then went out with his " warriors " attitude and promptly ran over people to the tune of 48 yds .... 45 yds .... 24 yds ..... 37 yds ..... and in the finale .... 50 yds. Now to me that soulds more " pissy " than pissed ....... and how come eveybody all of a sudden is a Warrior ????? I'd be a lot happier with a few real football players than a bunch of wannabe warriors.

But that's just me B)

In Dillon's defense especially the Browns and Rams games.. he didn't get a lot of carries.. he only had 8 in the browns loss, and only a few more in the Rams game... The problem in those particular games wasn't the effectiveness of the running game, because in both Dillon was averaging 4 + yards a carry.. it was Bratkowski that kept over-doing it with the passing game.

I almost wanted to do a "Hell Raiser " on Brat in those 2 games, because it was obvious Dillon had the "hot" hand those days, but they kept switching Rudi in .....I think especially against the Browns,because they were trying to get him his 1000 yards.

alot of fans may love cd for his performances in previous years.... but i say F.... this a....hole the last 3 seasons......and yea.... come on..... the bengals haven't won with him as the self and media appointed superstar. so c ya, good bye and you're the major reason the beangals haven't won because you ass was tooooooo big tooooo kiss.

In Dillon's defense especially the Browns and Rams games.. he didn't get a lot of carries.. he only had 8 in the browns loss, and only a few more in the Rams game... The problem in those particular games wasn't the effectiveness of the running game, because in both Dillon was averaging 4 + yards a carry.. it was Bratkowski that kept over-doing it with the passing game.

I almost wanted to do a "Hell Raiser " on Brat in those 2 games, because it was obvious Dillon had the "hot" hand those days, but they kept switching Rudi in .....I think especially against the Browns,because they were trying to get him his 1000 yards.

I have to agree with this. Brat panics so quickly and so much. Running only 16 times in Pitt I and 19 in Arizona (that might be vice-versa, I'm in no mood to look it up right now) reflects inability to trust the running game when it matters the most. Both games we lost by less than a TD.

Brat panics so quickly and so much

You are so right here. I witnessed it! He panics faster than any OC I've EVER seen!! This may be a bigger liability than the results of Palmer displacing Kitna, the draft, and Free Agency combined!! :(