Rose Movie on ESPN

Kirkendall

BRISTOL, Conn. – Pete Rose will be the subject of an ESPN movie beginning production this spring.

“Hustle,” will premiere on Sept. 25, ESPN executive vice president Mark Shapiro announced Tuesday. The two-hour movie will focus on events in Rose’s life and baseball career in the mid- to late 1980s, including the lifetime ban he agreed to following an investigation of gambling – a suspension that has kept the career hits leader off the Hall of Fame ballot.

“The saga of Pete Rose – who in many ways epitomized the word hustler – is a truly American melodrama which has captured a nation’s attention for 15 years,” Shapiro said. “This project continues our strategy of presenting compelling films which transcend sports – a morality tale with complex, conflicted characters struggling to do what is right.”

The network has already done films on basketball coach Bob Knight and football coach Bear Bryant, and has an upcoming project on the late auto racing star Dale Earnhardt set to air this summer.

They're gonna have to find the ugliest actor alive to play Pete Rose. !!

Danny Devito is too short..

Jack Nickolson will cost to much....and dialogue wouldn't sound right... with him going.. "man i didn't bet on no friggin baseball .... :lol:

Al Pacino is too over the top, and would never let you cut his hair to that little oriental boy style he played with , nor the Hell raiser du' he wears' now.... :D

I got it.....Joe Pesci.....and we find out that Pete Rose really killed Bart Giamatti by clubbing him to death with a baseball bat....that he eventually sold on Ebay... :lol::D:lol:

They're gonna have to find the ugliest actor alive to play  Pete Rose. !! 

Danny Devito is too short..

Jack Nickolson will cost to much....and dialogue wouldn't sound right... with him going.. "man  i didn't bet on no friggin baseball .... :lol:

Al Pacino is too over the top, and would never let you cut his hair to that  little  oriental boy style he played with , nor the Hell raiser du' he wears' now.... :D

I got it.....Joe Pesci.....and we find out that Pete Rose really killed  Bart Giamatti by clubbing him to death with a baseball bat....that he eventually sold on Ebay... :lol:  :D  :lol:

What about Kurt Russell? I think he could pull it off.

BTW - the Joe Pesci comment you wrote.. classic, just classic :lol:

• 3 weeks later...