quiet offseason....

Whur CHad At?

Since the ownership group has not been finalized O'Brien has said he has 100% control over moves. That leads me to believe nothing will happen at the winter meetings.

We'll get the standard O'Brien comment, "We set up a good dialogue with several teams".

If anything I believe we'll see one of our OFs traded for pitchers we never heard of.

Second, we may get some people in the Rule 5 Draft. Again, no immediate help.

But when B.J. Ryan and Wagner are getting what they are getting on the free agent market I think it is good we don't do anything yet. That's a waste of money.

BTW there was one move, we signed Anderson Machado to a minor league contract and a spring training invite!!!!!! HOLD ME BACK! As well as a couple minor leaguers from other orgs.

I read an article somewhere where no team even wants to talk to us cause our asking prices for anything is waaayyy too high. We're trying to trade Austin Kearns. One site I read said we want an everday player, a pitching prospect and another prospect, and other league offices think we're stupid

I read an article somewhere where no team even wants to talk to us cause our asking prices for anything is waaayyy too high. We're trying to trade Austin Kearns. One site I read said we want an everday player, a pitching prospect and another prospect, and other league offices think we're stupid

If that's the case we ARE stupid....

I always thought Austin Kearns was HIGHLY overrated!

Austin Kearns would bring a couple minor league pitchers tops...IMHO....

Casey for Bryonson Arroyo....sounds like this might happen!

Bronson Arroyo? Why does this possiblity give me a Ramon Ortiz vibe? Casey is the heart and soul of this team, even if he does have his problems with power and speed. Arroyo isn't worth Casey... Trade Dunn for a bigger name!

Hey Arroyo doesnt sound appealing, but hey, he did do well last year after filling in for Curt Shilling.

Also...from what it looks like the Reds might be in on the Ace Barry Zito. It looks like they are on a small list of the teams that are intrested in Zito. Kearns, Dunn, Casey, Willy Mo, or possibly Griffey(although i dont see this happening) will be dealt with a prospect it seems. More info on this wwhen I hear more.