Redskins start cutting

Kirkendall

At last report, Bruce Smith and Jesse Armstead both were cut.

Personally I wouldn't mind having Armstead at MLB........ hummm... Marvin Lewis, DC in 2002. Armstead a FA. Stay tuned.

My God!! As the free agent market date approaches, the possibilities just keep on increasing! What I wouldn't give to be a fly on the wall in Marvin's office right now!! Again with my luck, he'd have a bug zapper!! :lol:

Personally I wouldn't mind having Armstead at MLB........ hummm... Marvin Lewis, DC in 2002. Armstead a FA. Stay tuned.

Isn't Armstead a little bast his use by date?

And Bruce Smith is the reason I have so much respect for Marvin Lewis(That is before he got here) Coach Lewis benched Smith for jumping offsides...Now that takes balls to bench a hall of famer even when his skills are on the decline.

Personally I wouldn't mind having Armstead at MLB........ hummm... Marvin Lewis, DC in 2002.  Armstead a FA.  Stay tuned.

Isn't Armstead a little bast his use by date?

That may be true, but I think he's better than what we have now. Put Hardy on the outside, opposite Simmons and release Ross (if possible, use Ross's salary for Armstead) and I think it may be a really good situation. This way, we can either draft other positions or draft a young MLB and let him develop. I'd gander it's a good scenario either way.

Actually I think I'd keep Armstead on the Edge. His speed and coverage ability would probably fit there, and he should come pretty cheap like Hardy did.

Just a tidbit of information.. Duane Clemons and Carl Powell both only signed 2 year base contracts so we' seriously need to find a Defensive End and fast.

But back to the first point.. We could Keep Simmons on the Weak side, and Hardy in the middle. We should be drafting a big interior lineman so that should help Hardy, also Armstead has played the strong side before and has exceptional pass rush ability. If we had a pass rusher on the strong side, we could force the tight end to stay in and protect more which helps our coverage.

From Bengals.com

The agent for former Giants and Redskins linebacker Jessie Armstead said he hasn't heard from the Bengals in the 24 hours after his client's release from Washington. But Drew Rosenhaus said Wednesday that the five-time Pro Bowler would be interested in Cincinnati after playing for Marvin Lewis during the 2002 season. Indications are, at 33, Armstead could be too long in the tooth for a defense trying to rebuild. He played two seasons with the Redskins after nine years in New York, and had a team-high 6.5 sacks and a forced fumble this past year.

But Drew Rosenhaus said Wednesday that the five-time Pro Bowler would be interested in Cincinnati after playing for Marvin Lewis during the 2002 season.

Well no duh. Of course he's interested. The man is outa work!! :huh: