Highest Salary doesn't mean winning

Kirkendall

Here's some food for thought I found in Time magazine:

"Amid their gloom, Boston Red Sox fans can find a ray of hope in the New York Yankees' big trade for Alex Rodriguez, baseball's highest-paid player. Over the past 15 years, having hte richest player on your team has not been a ticket to success. One problem: Because of his restructured salary deal, A-Rod's pay wno't be No. 1 in 2004. That honor now goes to Manny Ramirez - of the Red Sox. Talk about Cursed"

Some highlights:

1991: Darryl Strawberry for $3.8 million. Missed playoffs

1992: Bobby Bonilla for $6.1 million. Lost 90 games.

1995: Cecil Fielder for $9.2 million. Finished 26 games out of first.

1997: Albert Belle for $10 million. Finished under .500

2000: Kevin Brown for $15.7 million. Finished 11 games behind SF.

2001: A-Rod for $22 million. Three straight seasons in last place.

Ya know...I just feel bad for the Red Sox. I hated when they lost to the Yanks last year. I've always liked them for the fight they gave the Reds in the '75 World Series, which IMHO, was the greatest World Series of all time!

Especially with the former Cincinnati Red, Bernie Carbo, (who I knew personally as a kid when he played for the Reds because he was a neighbor living down the street in Erlanger Kentucky where I grew up) then playing well for Boston, and with his homer in game six, creating one of the best games in all of World Series history!! Even though the Reds lost, I remember Pete Rose saying "Wasn't that a great game!?!" He was all too right, it was!!

I was SOOO wishing for a Chicago Cubs/Boston Red Sox Series last year, and momentarily, it looked likely, only to have disaster strike on both sides of my wish!!

Ya know...I just feel bad for the Red Sox. I hated when they lost to the Yanks last year. I've always liked them for the fight they gave the Reds in the '75 World Series, which IMHO, was the greatest World Series of all time!

Especially with the former Cincinnati Red, Bernie Carbo, (who I knew personally as a kid when he played for the Reds because he was a neighbor living down the street in Erlanger Kentucky where I grew up) then playing well for Boston, and with his homer in game six, creating one of the best games in all of World Series history!! Even though the Reds lost, I remember Pete Rose saying "Wasn't that a great game!?!" He was all too right, it was!!

I was SOOO wishing for a Chicago Cubs/Boston Red Sox Series last year, and momentarily, it looked likely, only to have disaster strike on both sides of my wish!!

Personally Boston fans can kiss my ass. They won a Super Bowl, now they can shut the hell up. Until Boston fans sit in Cincinnati shoes for a year, I have no sympathy for those horses asses! :lol:

Personally Boston fans can kiss my ass.  They won a Super Bowl, now they can shut the hell up.  Until Boston fans sit in Cincinnati shoes for a year, I have no sympathy for those horses asses!  :lol:

Wha??? I thought you loved the "Mr. Genius" Belichick? I reckon not! :rolleyes:

Personally Boston fans can kiss my ass.  They won a Super Bowl, now they can shut the hell up.  Until Boston fans sit in Cincinnati shoes for a year, I have no sympathy for those horses asses!   :lol:

Wha??? I thought you loved the "Mr. Genius" Belichick? I reckon not! :rolleyes:

Oh don't get me wrong, I like the team, they were a fun team to watch last season. I just hate those ungrateful fans.. oh Red Sox this and ohhh Red Sox that. KMA!