Bengals need a new homepage

xjjeep90

After looking at other teams' sites over the past few weeks (looking at draft possibilites) I've noticed that the Bengals web site is out of date by several years. Just the overall arrangement of the articles (in verticle fasion), a better team store home page, better pictures, etc are needed to give it a more updated feel.

Do you think they will do some revamping in the near future?

I asked the same question to Geoff Hobson last year. We do seem a little  Atari 2600 when it comes to other teams'  websites. 

If you want to see a good teams website, check out the St. Louis Rams site. That has it really goin' on. Bengals.com is relatively lame compared to it. In fact this site has it all over "Bengals.com" as far as layout and user friendliness. Jungle Noise!?! Puleeze!! Why bother posting at a site where they might add your comment in a few days, if that!! If it wasn't for Hobsons articles, I'd NEVER go there!! ;)

If it wasn't for Hobsons articles, I'd NEVER go there!!

I think that's the only reason I'd go even if it was up to date was the articles. You can find a great assortment of pictures and multimedia on NFL.com for each game. Going through the team store is a bad idea anyway because they overprice everything.

Plus, I like the low end type sites because it takes a split second to load as some sites take several seconds or more with all of that flashy blinking buttons crap. SHESH! :D

Definitely....Ill readily admit to that statment....I mean, this is the 'new era' right? So why dont we start acting like it...lol at broome...it does take a few days...and I think they edit certain pieces....i remember i went on a tangent one week, and my s**t didnt get posted... :angry:

AND I STILL CANT GET A 2003 NFL DRAFT BENGALS DRAFT CAP ANYWHERE!!! NOT EVEN ON E-BAY! you guys know what Im talking about right? The one Carson was wearing on draft day....but theyve got everyone elses....I guess we still got a ways to go for respect as bengals fans....we aint over the hill yet

and I think they edit certain pieces....i remember i went on a tangent one week, and my s**t didnt get posted... :angry:

I guarentee you they delete certain posts that they deem are somewhat offensive, or are anti-Bengals, or anti-Mike Brown. C'mon. Read that crap "Jungle Noise" and tell me it ain't been filtered by some fascist bastard.

I too went off on Mike Brown and Dick LeBlow there last year. Major rant on the obvious ineptitude that was oh so present. It did not get posted. So I turned right around and wrote a lame type of ass kissin', "that's okay boy's, we'll get 'em next year" bulls**t e-mail, and they couldn't post that piece of sarcasmic crap fast enough.

I haven't been back since. :angry:

The bengals site is the best in the nfl, wanna know why? Cuz it has articles every frickin day in the regular season, and almost every day in the off season. NO other nfl site has it. Yes it needs to be updated the format/layout but who cares, as long as it has up-to-date news, fogetaboutit.

You're overall right. I was mainly bitchin' about the forum, or lack of one while EVERY OTHER TEAM IN THE LEAGUE HAS AT LEAST A DECENT ONE!

As far as the general website content, it is on par with the rest of the league. It's just getting a little "long in the tooth", so to speak. Time for a makeover, and not one buy those queer guys either! :D

The bengals site is the best in the nfl, wanna know why? Cuz it has articles every frickin day in the regular season, and almost every day in the off season. NO other nfl site has it. Yes it needs to be updated the format/layout but who cares, as long as it has up-to-date news, fogetaboutit.

Perfectly said.

Billy - You're right too. But we all still go there everyday knowing that we have some goodie Bengal information waiting for us. :D

I'd like to see a link to go to with the history of the franchise. Something with some pictures, stories, old game scores, etc.

Yea your right Reimer, that would be sweet. It would help me out a ton at least :D

All of this searching the WWW for a single stat gets to me after a few hours when it just applies to one sentence!!! Serenity now! :lol::lol: