Why the Bengals can't compete w/Colts this year.

walzav29

I have read 500 articles since Sunday, and every single player was basically shocked and talking about how good the Colts are. In Awwwww if you will. F that. The Bengals need some guys on defense that know they can get the job done. Why weren't they jamming their receivers and knocking them off of there routes? They need guys to step up and not be afraid if they play again. Pat's style. The Patriots called them out, and called them soft. The defensive guys (not the QB). They need the toughness to say. "No one should score on us!!!!!!!!) Not, "Boy are they good, and blah,blah, blah". BE A MAN!

I meant the thread to say they Can't compete.

I have read 500 articles since Sunday, and every single player was basically shocked and talking about how good the Colts are. In Awwwww if you will. F that. The Bengals need some guys on defense that know they can get the job done. Why weren't they jamming their receivers and knocking them off of there routes? They need guys to step up and not be afraid if they play again. Pat's style. The Patriots called them out, and called them soft. The defensive guys (not the QB). They need the toughness to say. "No one should score on us!!!!!!!!) Not, "Boy are they good, and blah,blah, blah". BE A MAN!

I meant the thread to say they Can't compete.

Yep, they need some D like the Steeler's have...you remember that A$$ wuppin a few weeks back...LMAO!

Yep, they need some D like the Steeler's have...you remember that A$$ wuppin a few weeks back...LMAO!

I believe I requested you to show your tata's in the other thread. No more posts until tata's are shown.

Thank you.

To be honest I completely forgot that painful loss the moment I watched the Steelers get beat by Kyle Boller.

LMAO

That's like getting beat up by a girl isn't it?

No...... THATS LIKE DROWINING IN THREE INCHES OF WATER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lmao::lmao::lmao::P

we've had some bad calls go in our favor just how football is

The only one that I can think of was that down by contact call on the fumble in the Rats game which happens all the time by the way but almost always on a running play in the middle of the feild.

Anyway the refs did all they could to try to make that up to the Rats including (IMO) giving them that BS call that called the Henry TD back.

Off the top of my head I can't think of any other bad calls that went our way this season but there were at least three that went the Colts way in that one game.

If you would like to relive how the Bengals competed with the Colts, the game will be the Game of the Week tonight at 10 on the NFL Network.

Thanks Schweinhart ...

I had thought that it was on at 9 PM so I had to reset my Tivo, I don't want to miss it because I will burn it to a DVD along with orginal game boardcast.

I like to rewatch the games durn the offseason so I want all the Bengal Game Coverage that I can get and the "Game of the Week" does give some extra coverage.

................................................................................

As for this thread, I would like to make one more comment and then I will just drop it and move on ...

First off I guess that everybody knows that Peyton Manning himself made the statement that "being able to get the 1st down on the opening drive set the tone for the whole game".

If the Bengals get that stop on 3rd down, I think that it would have changed the way that both teams played the game.

I think that it could very well have turned it into more of a ball control game and who can say how that might have panned out.

I think that other poster have pointed that out but I don't know if anyone has already mentioned this ...

Forget the questionable PI calls/non-calls, forget the fact that Manning appearently had a 42 second play clock, forget the refs altogether and there still was one play that could have turn the whole game around.

It's the Colts first drive of the second half, the Bengal have scored twice for 10 points at the end of the first half and then drove right down the field for a touchdown to start off the second half, the Bengals stop the Colts on a 3rd down making it 4th down and two at the Bengals 41 yard line.

The Colts punting team starts coming out onto the field but Manning waves them off, he goes for it and gets the first down which keeps the drive alive and results in a touchdown for the Colts.

Now that was one GUTSY move on Manning's part and it paid off big time for the Colts, but what if they hadn't made that first down ?

After the kickoff the Bengals drove down to the Colts 27 where they failed to convert on 4th down, but what if Colts had turn the ball over on downs ?

The Bengals would have had the short field and would have been down by only one point, there is no way that they would have been going for it on 4th down while inside FG range.

I think that it is safe to say that, this one play resulted in at least a ten point swing in the score, the Bengals might have still ended up losing the game but then again maybe not.

Now I learned a long time ago that woulda, coulda, shoulda doesn't mean jack s**t, the bottom line is that we played the best team in the NFL with the best QB and we lost the game.

But the answer to this thread is very simple ...

The Bengals did in fact COMPETE with Peyton Manning & the Indianapolis Colts in last Sunday's Game.