Dillon in the past tense

redsfan2

Good ol' Dennis Green has come through. Article in todays Enquirer says that Green has said that he thinks Dillon is a good player who just needs a change of scenery ( a personality wouldn't hurt either ). He also said that they could use a 1000 yd rusher to make their offense work.

I said the day after the trade deadline that I'd like to see him in the desert. Maybe I'll get my wish, and Lewis will get an extra draft pick and Dillon will get what he deserves.

B) We all go home Happy !

With Emmitt playing next year and Shipp the quickly rising feature back, I still don't understand this trade possiblity -- I've heard it before and just thrown it away as BS. Unless we get Shipp for Dillon including a reduced draft pick for us I don't see the motivation nor the benefit for the Cards.

Smith is way past his prime, and Shipp ( while he did well with us may not be as good as he first seems ( pure speculation on my part ).

Having said that, I agree 100% with your opinion in this matter. I don't know why they would want him either. But, as long as they do then I say but his ticket to Arizona before they come to their senses.

Never look a gift horse in the mouth. B)

Okay guys. I live an hour and a half north of Phoenix Arizona. I have heard absolutely ZIP, NADA, NOTHING, as to rumours of the Cardinals even thinking about aquiring Corey Dillon. If I do, I will be the first to advise you guys, rest assured! B)

Okay guys. I live an hour and a half north of Phoenix Arizona. I have heard absolutely ZIP, NADA, NOTHING, as to rumours of the Cardinals even thinking about aquiring Corey Dillon. If I do, I will be the first to advise you guys, rest assured! B)

I think this all started on ESPN when John Clayton briefly mentioned this plus the Enquirer. Personally, I don't see it happening, but what do I know? Word is Clinton Portis is possibly going to Washington.

If that's the case.....? Would we be looking at a Dillon for Trung Canidate deal..? God I hope not. I like Trung Canidate,but Washington would still have to give us a 2nd(since they don't have a 3rd.--Brunell) . Canidate is fast,but should have never been a first round running back in '00. Nor should he have been aquired for so much money last season.

Some of the things i've heard conscerning Portis, etc.. makes it even more of a possibility that Dillon will be running at the river next season.

If that's the case.....?  Would we be looking at a Dillon for Trung Canidate  deal..?  God I hope not.  I like Trung Canidate,but Washington would still have to give us a 2nd(since they don't have a 3rd.--Brunell) . Canidate is fast,but should have never been a first round running back in '00. Nor should he have been aquired for so much money last season.

Some of the things i've heard conscerning Portis, etc.. makes it even more of a possibility that Dillon will be running at the river next season.

Personally I believe if Dillon is to go to Washington it will be for 2nd rounder in return. That's the only place I think we can get a 2nd rounder with Gibbs intense game plan of picking up quality veteran play. I don't want Trung in return, and I don't think we'll get him. Get the 2nd rounder, pick up another high defensive prospect and sign Rudi to a one year deal. This puts all scenarios for the Bengals for nothing but positive.

Regarding Brunell, well it's in the latest KBLOG.

Bengals.com said that the Cards had pulled out of the running for Dillon on Saturday with the VP of Football Operations saying that the team is set with Smith and Shipp, and that they didn't want to stack their backfield. Green did say he was interested enough to watch film of Dillon and thinks a change of scenery would do him good(AMEN!!).

That said, the most likely scenerio is that Dillon is a Redskin next year...while the Portis thing is getting a lot of attention, due to Bailey and Portis each being unhappy with their contracts, I just see this as a media driven pipe dream. The Broncos are never short on talent at the RB position and their line could make a star out of almost anyone they put back there. That said, if they trade Portis they are left with the diminuitive Quentin Griffin(5'7" 195) and some guy who used to be Mike Anderson 1000yd rusher. Hey, it could happen. Who'd have thought the Yanks announcer would be calling out "And now batting for the Yankees...3rd baseman Alex Rodriguez."?

One thing i see with all of this pre-free agency hype is , No one is bringing up Dillon , which leads me to think that he's the player ( maybe rudi ) on the minds of of these General Managers...

This time of year you see more poker faces than espn2's.. world series of poker. A team could easily steal Rudi away with a 5 million dollar signing bonus and a base salary of 4 million a year or less. That's right.. a Kevin Barlow contract around 20 million for 5 years. Cincy couldn't match it and would get 1st and 3rd picks in compensation..

Also .. New England has 4 picks in the first 63. They're not gonna have Antwoine Smith next year leaving them with Mike Cloud and Kevin Faulk. They've only openly talked about Ty Law , so adding a Corey Dillon has got to be real tempting for them Especially if they could add a dominant runner to go along with a talented pass offense. Need I say Dillon =Dynasty for N.E.??

This time of year you see more poker faces than espn2's.. world series of poker. A team could easily steal Rudi away with a 5 million dollar signing bonus and a base salary of 4 million a year or less. That's right.. a Kevin Barlow contract around 20 million for 5 years. Cincy couldn't match it and would get 1st and 3rd picks in compensation..

actually, I wouldn't be half suprised to see the Bengals only put a tender on Rudi that would net them a 1st round draft pick, instead of a 1st and 3rd. |I don't see a team giving up two picks on Rudi, but can see them parting with a first....That way the Bengals can match, or get a first and keep Dillon if that's what it comes to....