why do uc and ul seem to suddenly suck?

richmond_mat

Why are uc and u of l all of a sudden stinking?

Uk keps chugging along

Simple...because this is college hoops, not football, and most of all, they're definitely not the University of Kentucky!!! Go Wildcats!! Screw Pitino!! Huggins is a pretender!! Year after year the results back me up!! UK Rules!! B)

U of L had some key injuries and without a couple of their big time players, they fell out of their groove. Cincy is another story -- sorry to say it, but isn't this typical of the team? I haven't thought Cincinnati was as good as what others thought they were. Playing weak non-conference opponents (except Wake) gives you a false sense of security that you're a lot better than you actually are.

UK on the other hand, can adapt when the going gets rough, have a senior led squad and have seen just about every situation you can imagine. That's why they keep going (even with those minor setbacks against Georgia) -- experience, basketball smarts, and more experience.

I just wish that U of L would get off of this slide and make a good run into the tournament. Why? Because I'd love for UK to meet them in the tournament and lay the smackdown on 'em. After that, do the same thing to Duke. That'd be so sweet! B)

cincy has been consistently good but they havent had a great player since martin left (fordson was good). But they havent had a great team since van exel and blont went there.

Cincy might make the sweet 16 before they go down, same for UL and UK. Never know though, no team is that great this year...Duke mb the best team or Stanford but the Pac10 isnt great anymore. Saint Jo's will get beat in the 16 as well, once they run into a team with a good zone D.

cincy has been consistently good but they havent had a great player since martin left (fordson was good). But they havent had a great team since van exel and blont went there.

Cincy might make the sweet 16 before they go down, same for UL and UK.

Nick Van Exel was probably the best UC has ever produced, IMHO. And UC, UK, and UL ALL have a good chance of making the sweet 16!! Thank God it's approaching fast! I'm getting bored. ;)

Kentucky has only ONE MORE WIN, oooohhhhhhh!!

Okay Captain Kirk. I thought you stated you didn't care for the NCAA, yet you are quite aware of the win-loss records of these teams. Me thinks we have a closet NCAA hoops fan coming out of his "basketball hate" closet.

And jditty, here's where I talk REAL basketball. Who's your team? Reasoning that you like the L.A. Lakers, I suppose you are a PAC-10 kinda guy. Your thoughts sir? :huh:

Kentucky has only ONE MORE WIN, oooohhhhhhh!!

Okay Captain Kirk. I thought you stated you didn't care for the NCAA, yet you are quite aware of the win-loss records of these teams. Me thinks we have a closet NCAA hoops fan coming out of his "basketball hate" closet.

I don't care, but I can't help to discuss the Kentucky vs. UC rivalry that is soooo rampant up here... It drives me absolutely ape-s**t.

I don't care, but I can't help to discuss the Kentucky vs. UC rivalry that is soooo rampant up here... It drives me absolutely ape-s**t.

Oh theres no rivalry. "Rivalry" implies two teams being competitive. UC can't compete with UK, hence...no rivalry! :lol:

Billy hit the nail on the head. As much as the UC fans hate it, they are still a level below UK and will be until they win another title.

I get to hear the crazy talk everyday and it all boils down to this: Come the 3rd week of March the UC fans are very quite and want to avoid my basketball talk. That's because we are still playing!!!!!!!! :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: