NASCAR limits teams to 4 cars

AMC

What will this mean for sponsors and drivers as this is phased in?

It only affects one team right now-Roush...

http://www.nascar.com/2005/news/headlines/...s.ap/index.html

Luckily Roush is in a transition period. My guess is that they'll move McMurray to the #6 and dissolve the #97 team and integrated it throughout the rest of the Cup organization and whatever is left over moved to the Busch/Truck teams.

(I think they'll keep the #6 after Martin retires because of the closeness Roush has with that car)

But with Biffle re-signed for awhile, McMurray and Edwards around for awhile, I still think Kenseth will move on. His team is starting to find other oppritunities finally.

What will this mean for sponsors and drivers as this is phased in?

It only affects one team right now-Roush...

http://www.nascar.com/2005/news/headlines/...s.ap/index.html

Luckily Roush is in a transition period. My guess is that they'll move McMurray to the #6 and dissolve the #97 team and integrated it throughout the rest of the Cup organization and whatever is left over moved to the Busch/Truck teams.

(I think they'll keep the #6 after Martin retires because of the closeness Roush has with that car)

But with Biffle re-signed for awhile, McMurray and Edwards around for awhile, I still think Kenseth will move on. His team is starting to find other oppritunities finally.

Kirkendall, I can always count on you for a clear-headed rational thought!

This new rule is legally so full of holes it's rediculous. They'll just find ways around it, just as they did with THIS ONE!

Sure. Only four cars can be officially owned by and operated under Jack Roush's "Roush Racing." I guarantee you within one season or less a former employee or former business associate of Jack Roush will form a new team, likely naming it "Jack Roush? Nah! He's Just A Friend Racing" with most likely two cars and each with a new young driver from the Busch series.

Now here's where I go out on a limb...I'm also predicting they too will drive...are you ready? Fords! But there's more! I'm "guessing" they also enter into an agreement to use Robert Yates engines, and the two shops will be within extremely close proximity to each other, even for a Nascar city as Charlotte!

Why am I so sure? He can't let Hendricks get too big a head start on him. Hendricks has already built his second shop Which His Primary Teams Move Into Soon! I love this part of the article:

The No. 25 team is housed next to the current museum, which could expand slightly into the old shop. Or Hendrick's chassis engineering department, which needs more room, could take over the old No. 25 shop.

Labonte's No. 5 team moved into Gordon's old shop. Plans for that building are unclear.

Well they seem pretty clear to me! Jack Roush sees it quite well too I'll bet! If ways can be found around the Tax Code, Nascar Rules shouldn't be all that difficult to manuever through. :rolleyes: