Who's the better WR?

Bobcat Bengal

Be honest now....

And I shall:

Full name: James Kelley Washington ... Born: Aug. 21, 1979.

HONORS - 2002 All-America Playboy Preseason; 2001 Freshman All-America The Sporting News and Football Writers, Biletnikoff Award Semifinalist, AlI-SEC Coaches (2nd), SEC Freshman of the Year Collegefootballnews.com, Freshman All-SEC Coaches, SEC Offensive Player of the Week (Sept. 29)

2002 - Games/Started 4/2 ... Hampered by injuries during the season and was able to play in only four games … Made the most of his opportunities as he caught 23 passes for 443 yards and one touchdown … He grabbed seven passes for 197 yards against Rutgers … Also had seven catches versus Florida that went for 102 yards … Had six catches for 112 yards against Arkansas … Touchdown versus Rutgers came on a 58-yard catch-and-run play.

2001 - Games/Started: 13/6 ... Etched his name in the Tennessee records book with 256 receiving yards on 11 catches in regular season matchup with LSU ... Shattered record of 225 yards set in 1966 ... Earned SEC Offensive Player of the Week honors for his efforts ... Finished the season as the Vols' leading receiver with 64 catches for 1,010 yards ... Only the fourth time in Tennessee history that the 1,000-yard mark for receiving had been topped ... His 64 receptions rank as the fourth-best total in Tennessee history ... Caught two touchdown passes among his six receptions for 70 yards in UT’s Florida Citrus Bowl victory ... The former high school quarterback also threw his first pass from scrimmage in that game, a 13-yard completion following end around handoff ... Topped the 100-yard mark against Georgia and in the SEC Championship game ... Had a key 30-yard reception late in the fourth quarter against Arkansas that set up the go-ahead field goal ...

PROFESSIONAL BASEBALL - Selected by Florida Marlins in the 10th round of the June 1997 professional baseball draft, the No. 306 overall pick … Bats right, throws right … Played four years in Marlins organization, three as shortstop and in 2000 as third baseman… Had best year at Kane County in the MID League, playing in 107 games, hitting .275 and knocking in 30 runs … Hit .213 overall in career, with nine home runs and 98 RBIs …

HIGH SCHOOL - Starred as a quarterback and safety at Sherando High School, helping his team to the Virginia 2A championship game as a senior ... Passed for 1,887 yards and 20 touchdowns as a senior and picked off a school-record nine passes on defense ... Earned all-state and all-area honors as a senior … Also served as Sherando’s punter, averaging nearly 40 yards per boot ... Signed with Hofstra out of high school, but chose to play baseball ... Coach at Sherando High School: Walter Barr.

RECEIVING STATISTICS

Class/Year NO YDS AVG TD LONG

Fr. 2001 64 1010 15.8 5 70-LSU

So. 2002 23 443 19.3 1 58-Rutgers

TOTALS 87 1453 16.7 6 70-LSU

...Honest enough? B)

Now I have one question. :blink: Could you hit Chad in coverage on a flea flicker?

I'm not a big fan of college stats translating to instant or even eventual impact on the NFL. While there are many success stories of great college players turning into great pros, there are just as many as great college players out of the NFL by year 3 or 4.

Case in point (and everyone knows what I'm referring to).

210-375 3,637 yards and 33 TDs with only 10 INTS

Ryan Leaf goes in 2nd overall and we all know his sad story.

With that said, I really like Washington's potential. I've said a thousand times that I grew up watching Cris Carter in Minnesota and Washington only emulates him to the nth degree. Plus I really think that Washington is a better receiver in all aspects football than Warrick, but possession. While KW caught some wicked passes, he also missed a few critical 3rd down passes; the one thing that Warrick was great at this season.

I'm not a big fan of college stats translating to instant or even eventual impact on the NFL. While there are many success stories of great college players turning into great pros, there are just as many as great college players out of the NFL by year 3 or 4.

Case in point (and everyone knows what I'm referring to).

210-375 3,637 yards and 33 TDs with only 10 INTS

Ryan Leaf goes in 2nd overall and we all know his sad story.

Which lends itself to my old point...The draft is a bad bet. In 'Vegas it's called a "house bet", meaning the odds AIN'T in your favor! I find most of this "mock draft" talk pure speculative psycho-babble. It's like kids at Christmas time after the "Johnny's Toy Store" catalog shows up in the mail box, wishin' for toys they may never get!

Whereas the Free Agent market, though expensive, is a much better bet. At least you have some relative idea of how your choice performs in the conditions you are putting them into.

Now...all that crap aside, I trust Marvins choice in both areas!! B)

Which lends itself to my old point...The draft is a bad bet. In 'Vegas it's called a "house bet", meaning the odds AIN'T in your favor!

Didn't you call it a crap shoot?

I find most of this "mock draft" talk pure speculative psycho-babble. It's like kids at Christmas time after the "Johnny's Toy Store" catalog shows up in the mail box, wishin' for toys they may never get!

I agree mostly.. but I think most mock drafts are like the NCAA college basketball tournament. Pick and choose and see how close you are.. we should do something on this site, like a game to see how good everyone's pick is. You get one point for each player picked in the selection you picked.. Mat, interested in holding the stats for something like that? :lol:

Now...all that crap aside, I trust Marvins choice in both areas!! 

In Marvin we trust my friend.

I find most of this "mock draft" talk pure speculative psycho-babble. It's like kids at Christmas time after the "Johnny's Toy Store" catalog shows up in the mail box, wishin' for toys they may never get!

I agree mostly.. but I think most mock drafts are like the NCAA college basketball tournament. Pick and choose and see how close you are.. we should do something on this site, like a game to see how good everyone's pick is. You get one point for each player picked in the selection you picked.. Mat, interested in holding the stats for something like that? :lol:

Now it's finally getting interesting!! B)

Of course you all realize I'm kidding right? I do seriously believe he will be an awesome player though....over the course of his career to challenge Chad eventually as a no. 1, but its too early to determine that though....I'm just having fun that's all....

Who-Dey!

Can't even see why this would be a question at all in the first place.?

Pickens was an a$$hole, but there's a reason why he has all the Bengal receiving records. He was a pretty damn good football player.

As for Kelley Washington being like Cris Carter... Man i gotta disagree with that one...

Coming out of OHio st.. Cris Carter was supposed to be slow, and KW has got speed to spare... But what CC lacked in speed he made up with exceptional hands,body control, and precise route running. I'm not sure there has ever been a better receiver at giving his quarterback a target to throw to.

Cris Carter is like that 'ol school guy on a basketball court that never seems to miss a shot ,because he always knows where he's at on the court, like CC knew where he was at all times on the field.

Kelley Washington has got a late start on even being mentioned in the same breath as Cris Carter.

Having said this, I do see him in 2 or more years starting. Could be like the days of Tim McGee and Eddie Brown.

Of course you all realize I'm kidding right? I do seriously believe he will be an awesome player though....over the course of his career to challenge Chad eventually as a no. 1, but its too early to determine that though....I'm just having fun that's all....

Who-Dey!

Well thanks for clearing that up. Sometimes I'm so gullible! :ph34r:

I know you were.. hell it's Feb, we need some stuff to talk about. :lol:

Well thanks for clearing that up. Sometimes I'm so gullible! 

Yes you are. :lol:

As for Kelley Washington being like Cris Carter... Man i gotta disagree with that one...

Coming out of OHio st.. Cris Carter was supposed to be slow, and KW has got speed to spare... But what CC lacked in speed he made up with exceptional hands,body control, and precise route running. I'm not sure there has ever been a better receiver at giving his quarterback a target to throw to.

Cris Carter is like that 'ol school guy on a basketball court that never seems to miss a shot ,because he always knows where he's at on the court, like CC knew where he was at all times on the field.

Chris, as I've said in previous posts, I can't support this with stats or any attributes. I saw Carter when I was growing up in Minnesota and Philly and I see the same thing happening for Washington. It's one of those things where a gut instinct overrides any substantial evidence.

1 question!

ARE YOU OUT OF YOUR MIND???????????????????????????????

Honestly better than Chad. :blink:

Chad is the best Wide reciever in the AFC I would say NFL but thats pushing it. Chad is the best wide reciever the bengals have ever had and possibly ever will have not to mention HAS. The guy is amazing! Also look for endorsements this year! And honestly did Kelley show up to the combines in skin tight yellow tracksuit? If the answer is no then the answer to the first question is also NO.