Cubs Sign Maddux.

Kirkendall

OK, lets put this in perspective of what the Reds are facing in the NL Central. Even if we did spend money, I still don't think we would have had much of a chance.

A list of the Cubs and Astros starting staffs:

CUBS

Mark Prior

Kerry Wood

Greg Maddux

Matt Clement

Carlos Zambrano

ASTROS

Roy Oswalt

Roger Clemens

Andy Pettitte

Wade Miller

Tim Redding

OK, lets put this in perspective of what the Reds are facing in the NL Central. Even if we did spend money, I still don't think we would have had much of a chance.

A list of the Cubs and Astros starting staffs:

CUBS

Mark Prior

Kerry Wood

Greg Maddux

Matt Clement

Carlos Zambrano

ASTROS

Roy Oswalt

Roger Clemens

Andy Pettitte

Wade Miller

Tim Redding

It reminds me of the line Bill Paxton said in the movie "Aliens": "Game Over Man, Game Over!!" :lol:

Chris - I think it's really cool that Maddux is going home to probably retire. Think when he goes the HOF that he'll go in as a Brave? Probably so.

There is a certain justice that Maddux went back to the Cubs. I'm just wondering what kind of reception he'll get though. He left behind some pretty hard feelings when he left for the Braves.

Chris - I think it's really cool that Maddux is going home to probably retire.  Think when he goes the HOF that he'll go in as a Brave?  Probably so.

There is a certain justice that Maddux went back to the Cubs. I'm just wondering what kind of reception he'll get though. He left behind some pretty hard feelings when he left for the Braves.

I agree Truckin' Bozo :D . However, I think the Cubs fans realize -- and it will be installed into their brains -- that he left because of management and ownership and not the fans. I'm willing to bet he'll get a huge ovation.

Can you imagine that we are talking about Maddux whose the 3rd man in the rotation. Jesus Jumpin' Jack Flash Crimany.

Then again, we DO have the almighty Corey Lidle.

Man wouldn't that be something... .get your start with the Cubs.... become top pitcher in the game, piss off everyone when you leave for the Braves.... win 3 more Cy Young trophies and a world series, ...say you'll never play for the Cubs again..... ,then get paid 7 and a half million to go back to where you started from , win your 300th game, retire...and then go into Cooperstown as a Brave...

That's what i love about Baseball (extreme sarcasm)

The ethics.... :lol::lol::lol:

That's what i love about Baseball  (extreme sarcasm) 

The ethics.... :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

That's why I find the discussion about Pete so ludicrous. He's but a small pimple on baseballs ass! :lol:

It's a completely different issue and I don't think Maddux going back to Chicago is about ethics. Players going back to their original team is an aspect in all sports.. if that's ethics then fine, but it's definately in every sport, in every aspect -- but I respectfully disagree.

Players going back to their original team is an aspect in all sports.. if that's ethics then fine, but it's definately in every sport, in every aspect -- but I respectfully disagree.

I was just seeing if you were paying attention. You don't miss a damn thing around here, do ya? :)

LOL.. Personally I think the line between current issues of growth enhancement, salaries and gambling will be skewed in the coming months while baseball takes a back seat towards reality.

Billy - I'm everywhere. I know that you just grabbed a bag of chips and a pop out of the fridge less than five minutes ago. :blink: