Steelers fans at PBS?

cincyhokie

I didn't get a chance to see the game last year. How many Steelers fans were in attendance? I'm thinking this year 5-10k MAX. Alot of their fans are saying 15-20k. No way.

IF there are 5,000 plus Steelers fans there I think it will actually help keep our fans competitive and in the game. We'll see.

I am expecting to see some fights in the tailgating lot, though. It's going to be a sh*t talking party at Longworth on Sunday.

When I paid my season tickets off in mid May,the season ticket rep told me that season tickets were at 51,000.

I'm sure they sold a few more.Add to that the Vikings-Steelers two game pack was sold out to season ticket holders before the public ever had a chance to buy any,I find it very hard to believe any of their claims.

Some of the two game packs were purchased by ticket brokers that own COA's,but those tickets are available to anyone to purchase.

There is no way there will be 15-20k Steeler fans at the game.

Don't forget the tickets on sale on Ebay. Whoever owns the four seats next to my season ticket seats has been selling them on ebay for every preseason and regular season home game so far (not a bad idea, but I'm too big of a Bengal fan to do that). I'm sure there have been plenty of tickets bought by Pittsburgh fans like this. I seriously doubt there will be more than 10,000 Steelers fans there.

I am expecting to see some fights in the tailgating lot, though. It's going to be a sh*t talking party at Longworth on Sunday.

That is because Steeler fans are idiots and don't mind getting the crap beat out of them. I am the most tolerant person in the world when it comes to opposing fans. A little good natured ribbing is fun and adds to the game. But the Cleveland and Pittsburgh thugs that are accustomed to ruling PBS are in for a rude awakening. Even if there are 10,000 Steeler fans, there are still 55,535 of us. So they better not plan on walking around like they own the damn place.

Any number you put it on it is a guess - last year, there was more Steeler yellow than I would like to see.

Over the pre Marvin years the only sellouts were to opposing team fans. The Steeler fans have had almost fifteen years of easy access to our stadiums - they are in the habit of making the trip. Pittsburgh travel agencies organize excursion with transport, lodging and tickets in a package. The local street vendors last year offered terrible towels and Rothlisberger jerseys. Hope a bunch of Steeler fans show up this year and can't find tickets on the street.

Through legitimate brokers, eBay, StubHub ,et all, there very well may be 15-20,000 seats available to the highest bidder. Last year I was unemployed and sold my season tickets Steelers seats (50 yd line 14th row) on eBay (and attended the game in less choice seats). My tickets were purchased by a Steeler fan (living in Illinois), he paid more than any Bengal fan was willing to pony up. This year that will not happen, I will be in the seats wearing Bengal Orange, doing my part not to help any Steeler yellow at PBS.