TE Chad Lewis...

kingwilly

Found this on yahoo sports:

Oct 13 Adam Schefter, of NFL.com, reports free agent TE Chad Lewis (Eagles), formerly of the Philadelphia Eagles, is getting ready to return to the NFL, and could be back within a week. After suffering a Lisfranc sprain in the 2004 playoffs Lewis is healthy, recovered and ready to return to action. The Tennessee Titans are one team that could take a look at Lewis. If he signed with Tennessee, he would be reunited with Titans offensive coordinator Norm Chow, who worked with the tight end at BYU.

Yawn. We aren't getting a new tight end until one falls to us in the draft that we can't resist. Tight ends for the Bengals block. That's about it.

Tight ends don't get the ball in our offense because they aren't the primary receiver often. It's not like a better pass catcher (which is up for debate) would catch enough balls to make a difference.

Yawn. We aren't getting a new tight end until one falls to us in the draft that we can't resist. Tight ends for the Bengals block. That's about it.

Tight ends don't get the ball in our offense because they aren't the primary receiver often. It's not like a better pass catcher (which is up for debate) would catch enough balls to make a difference.

I think a good TE would help a lot in the redzone and 3rd down.

I think a good TE would help a lot in the redzone and 3rd down.

that's what schobel is.

Beg to differ. Schobel is an afterthought in this offense.

So, either Brat has a specific dislike of TE's or te talent is lacking.

I think it is the latter.

Lewis may not be the answer, heck, he may not catch another pass. But you can be damn sure our TE's wil be tuning in next April to see how early we target a stud TE.

Schobel IS an afterthought. But he blocks well, and occassionally gets his number dialed when they need him, i.e. Red zone and third downs. How many times has Carson thrown it to Schobel from like the 3 yard line up the middle? He's good enough to fit right into the offensive scheme for this team, and I don't think Marvin's going to be getting another tight end unless there's an injury, or if the BPA in the draft is a tight end.