Whitlock....being nice?

Stripes

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story...whitlock/051013

So we lose the game, and now Whitlock has good things to say. We're not undefeated anymore, and his constant Bengal bashing has inevitably run out of steam. Which team will he target next? I call Bucs!

:P

I DONT LIKE WHAT HE SAID ABOUT CJ THOUGH. HOW DARE HE CALL CHAD A T.O. WANNABE, Chad is not arrogant, he is a great reciever that talks smack and has fun doing it. But he is a team player,in which TO is not. You dont see Chad getting kicked out of training camp, and having Media at his hous doing sit ups in his driveway.

So we lose the game, and now Whitlock has good things to say. We're not undefeated anymore, and his constant Bengal bashing has inevitably run out of steam. Which team will he target next? I call Bucs!

Also note that he mentioned, for the first time, actually watching them. His comments this week were honest evaluations having watched the game - props to the offense, shaky front 4, mediocre LB's, questionable secondary (they looked that way against the Jags).

He's admitting as much through contrast that he didn't watch any of the other Bengals games. he never gave details, just bashed them. Which means that his prior evaluations were based on reputation of the Bengals and his desire to stick it to his family in Cincinnati, I imagine. There never was any analysis to his articles.

Quality journalism. Is there any excuse for a football writer NOT to watch every game these days? I mean, if you actually earn your living writing about football, you should have the superfan package from DirecTV. You should be flipping through the games when live, and you should be watching every single condensed game later. As they're 30 minutes each, and assuming you watch SNF and MNF live, that's 7 total hours of football watching on Tuesday-Wednesday, and 6 if there's byes. Absolutely no excuse for not doing it.

Hell, if I had TiVo for DirecTV, I'd watch them all myself, and I DON'T do it for a living. You're a waste, Whitlock.

I DONT LIKE WHAT HE SAID ABOUT CJ THOUGH. HOW DARE HE CALL CHAD A T.O. WANNABE, Chad is not arrogant, he is a great reciever that talks smack and has fun doing it. But he is a team player,in which TO is not. You dont see Chad getting kicked out of training camp, and having Media at his hous doing sit ups in his driveway.

I agree with you. Chad's antics are about having fun, not disrespecting someone. He would never run to the star in Dallas and act like an ass. TO is a punk. CJ is a good guy, just a little emotional.