Past Superbowl Teams after 7 games.

walzav29

2001 Rams 6-1, Pats 3-4

2002 Raiders 4-3, Bucs 5-2

2003 Pats 5-2, Car 6-1

2004 Pats 6-1, Eagles 7-0 (Eagles lost the next game)

The point is that last night would have been an unbelievable win. They were in position to win it at the end. They have to stay focused on the Titans and Steelers. The Pitt game is the big one. Hopefully the defense will learn to not overpursue by then. This loss will be a slap in the face to wake them up. They will get better and better. The were not going to go undefeated. Let's go Chargers! Tonight.

Last year, the Patriots' first loss came on the road in a very loud Heinz Field. There is no doubt that the Patriots had the better football team, but it's all a matter of circumstance. This was a tough game, and losing sucks. We'll be fine when we San Deigo beats Pittsburgh, and/or we crush the Titans next week.

I can't wait to hear what wonderful input Jason Whitlock will have for us after this one. <_<

2001 Rams 6-1, Pats 3-4

2002 Raiders 4-3, Bucs 5-2

2003 Pats 5-2, Car 6-1

2004 Pats 6-1, Eagles 7-0 (Eagles lost the next game)

The point is that last night would have been an unbelievable win. They were in position to win it at the end. They have to stay focused on the Titans and Steelers. The Pitt game is the big one. Hopefully the defense will learn to not overpursue by then. This loss will be a slap in the face to wake them up. They will get better and better. The were not going to go undefeated. Let's go Chargers! Tonight.

Go Chargers? I COULD NOT AGREE MORE! Tonight's game and the next two weeks (next week hopefully Bengals take care of Titans, and Jags pull off a great upset in Pittsburgh, and then the 10/23 matchup in The Jungle) are CRITICAL. It all begins tonight ... Chargers need to help us out.

Some might say it's too early to be looking for help. No it isn't. Go Chargers!

Interesting (and unexpected) thing to me is how many people have given me props for the Bengals playing the Jags tough. I am in California and everybody who knows me at all knows I live Bengals -- so Monday has been a challenge for me more years than I care to comment on. Of course, I knew it was coming after last night. "What happened to your team." "I guess it's back to the Bungles." etc., etc., et al.

In contrast, I got a ton of comments about how great Carson looks and how well they hung in. Of course, I was pissed anyway and basically chewed anybody who mentioned it's head off (yeah, I know I'm a prince), but in hindsight it's kinda surprising. I guess it's sometimes easier to gauge these things when you're not so close to it. I'll take it for now .... as long as we kick ass on the Titans.

SHOW ME YOUR LIGHTNING BOLTS!!