Greatest RB ever.....

smizzy

Man...you can't compare Barry Sanders to Earl Campbell, and vice versa!! Apples and oranges here. Barry was pure finness, while Earl would flat run over your ass! And sooo many great backs left out of this very interesting poll too!

But taken the choices that I'm given here....It would have to be sweet...as in "Sweetness" Walter Payton. He could make you miss with the best of them, and then he could also just lower his shoulder and plow forward through tacklers for those crucial extra yards! B)

But taken the choices that I'm given here....It would have to be sweet...as in "Sweetness" Walter Payton. He could make you miss with the best of them, and then he could also just lower his shoulder and plow forward through tacklers for those crucial extra yards! B)

Agreed.

I caught the tail end of Payton's career and I believe he was the best Rb i ever saw. Barry was the man too and should have the rushing record but to me he was a dancer, he could never seem to run a basic off tackle.

But I think for those who saw him , people say Jim Brown was teh greatest football player ever and I cant argue with that, I just never saw em

Gotta go with Sweetness

Looks like i'm going to have to bring sense to this arguement.

Jim Brown, strongest runner.

Barry Sanders, most heartstoppingest.

Emmit Smith, best behind a great offensive line.

Gayle Sayers, eyes in back of head award.

Eric Dickerson, best in breakaway speed.Also wins most untimely fumbles award.

Walter Payton, best overall back. Running,Catching,blocking.Most complete running back to have ever played the position.

p.s... greatest running back in Bengals history ,Corey Dillon.

Best running back in Bengals history , James Brooks.

Hey Chris, you might have to start adding my boy to the argument :)

There are only two rbs who had more yardage in their first 3 seasons than Jamal.

Again, never saw Jim Brown but I've been told that Jamal is his modern-day representation.

Sorry gotta stick up for my boy!

There are only two rbs who had more yardage in their first 3 seasons than Jamal.

Again, never saw Jim Brown but I've been told that Jamal is his modern-day representation.

No Way....

In that Case Bo Jackson goes up there....and he's was 10x's better than Jamal Anderson

No Way....

In that Case Bo Jackson goes up there....and he's was 10x's better than Jamal Anderson

Lewis, Jamal Lewis

Not to be confused with Jamal Anderson

I like your disrespect but he's not going away any time soon. Soon enough he'll be running over your chump defense :)

and if Bo Jackson didn't get hurt he would be up there with the best.

No Way....

uhhhh smizzy........

JAMAL LEWIS!!!!!!!

Not Anderson...

WTF?

Okay...Now I don't mean no disrespect to Lewis...But one has to see how the career stands up to be truly great....yeah he's on track, but you never know what next year will bring...another ACL injury, pass happy offense, defenses learn to tackle again....anything...

Okay...Now I don't mean no disrespect to Lewis...But one has to see how the career stands up to be truly great....yeah he's on track, but you never know what next year will bring...another ACL injury, pass happy offense, defenses learn to tackle again....anything...

Totally agree Kevnz, I said he might if he keeps it up, just a shameless plug for the 2,000 yard man :D

MY BAD

I cant see that little picture.....Jamal Lewis is Legit!

Im a big jamal fan...since the Tennesee days....

I thought you were talking about Andersoan when you called him"JAM"....My bad.

Can you imagine if he didnt blow his knee out?

I think you said he was the closest thing to J.Brown....that so on the money its scary...

He need 2 or 3 more season like this to be GREAT

MY BAD

I cant see that little picture.....Jamal Lewis is Legit!

Im a big jamal fan...since the Tennesee days....

I thought you were talking about Andersoan when you called him"JAM"....My bad.

Can you imagine if he didnt blow his knee out?

I think you said he was the closest thing to J.Brown....that so on the money its scary...

He need 2 or 3 more season like this to be GREAT

No prob Smizzy, Sorry but I am one of the resident Ravens on board here.

I have been his biggest fan since Tennesee and to see my Ravens draft him was a great moment.

Who's your college team? Im a Volunteers fan

You know the funny thing is that he is probably better for blowing his knee out, both of them actually, his ligaments are stronger than ever!!!!

He definitely needs more time and yards to be included in this argument, I think we all agree about that

I think Jamal Lewis, from what I've read about and the film I've seen, is a very close representation of Jim Brown and of all of the RB greats; I'd compare him to Brown the most. Just a resemblance factor.

It's a different Nfl now.When a running back runs for 2000 yards,he's out the nfl in 2 years.. Barry,Terrell Davis.....need i say Jamal Lewis...? That's a lot of wear and tear on any legs.

Plus you have to mention that Jim Brown, OJ Simspson and those played in the early 70s only played 14 games. That's pretty impressive for those guys.

I think I'd have to include marcus allen in this debate too. :huh:

My vote went for his sweetness, but it is nearly impossible to get three people to agree on somehting like this. :blink:

I think a list of everyone's top 10 would have been a little easier! :rolleyes:

I think I'd have to include marcus allen in this debate too. 

Personally, I never thought of Marcus Allen great. I mean, he didn't have many 1,000 rushing seasons but his ability for longevity is worth noting. He's a fine football player and deserved hall of famer, but I never saw the attraction that he brought to the position. But I'm probably the only one in that position.

could honestly care less about Jamal Lewis. It's a different Nfl now.When a running back runs for 2000 yards,he's out the nfl in 2 years.. Barry,Terrell Davis.....need i say Jamal Lewis...? That's a lot of wear and tear on any legs.

I find it hard that a Bengals fan could care less about Jamal, considering he owns you guys.

:P

While Terrell broke down, Barry simply retired.

Jamal isn't going anywhere anytime soon, IMHO, but I guess time will tell...

Is OJ on this list?? He got 2103 in 14 whereas Jamal got 2,066 in 16, that is extremely impressive.