Middle Rounds

jamesbrooks21

Agreed 100%

Did you see the Miami game???!!!???

I saw the first half and watched the computer stats with amazement (I don't have cable). The 'eers scored too quickly when Quincy ran over their big name safety for another TD. BTW 'the chosen one' should have been ejected from that game and not had a chance to win it. Winslow is a complete ass.

I'm very leary of drafting any of miami's defense. West Virginia has averaged nearly 300 yards RUSHING against them the last 2 years. To WV's credit they have ran the rock well recently; top 10 two years running.

Last year's senior back out of morgantown made detroit's roster as an undrafted free agent!

If he's there in round five I'd take him. B)

Tatum Bell runs hard, but fumbles too much. Fred Russell is really no more than a Brandon Bennett replacement.

If dillon's gone, Rudi stays, and vice versa....got to have a replacement that does the compliment job..

keep an eye out for that kid from the junior college Ottawa Braves from Missourt.. Derrick Ward. built and runs like rudi...and ran for 2000 yards at 6 yards a pop this season.

Have you ever watched Fred Russel run?

This guy has amazing speed and moves. Hes a better KR then bennet as well.

Bell does fumble a lot, but hes another one with awesome speed, he has the ability to take every run to the house. That is something that can't be taught. You can work on fumbling (like alstott did) but you cant help speed much.

Plus, Quincey Wilson fumbles just as much, except he cant hang with Bell in speed, and has the size of Fred Russel.

Not debating Fred Russell's talent , but feel we can get the better player in Shaud Williams from Alabama. He's a little guy that does everything. Runs,catches,playes special teams, and the guy i want the most to replace Brandon Bennett.

He's also shown that he can be given the ball 20-25 times a game.Perfect # 3 running back in my book.Plus what Russell has in quickness Williams has in speed.

Perfect late round selection.If he's there in round 6 or 7, instead of drafting a young qb... he would be my pick.

Personally, I would rather have that dude from Arkansas, Cedric Cobbs......I think he has potential to be pretty good.....and regardless of what you think, if we let dillon go, we are gonna burn one of our picks on a RB in the draft...Coach Anderson is a RB genius, all of his RB's have produced.....

We'll see their accurate numbers this weekend..Fitzgerald only runs 4.6 ..... but is always open;and we know where he's gonna land.

Jerry Rice ran a 4.59, best post wr there ever was...

To quote Peter Warrick after his sub 4.5 time in 2000.... "there's track speed, and then there's the speed you have when someone is chasing you."

Fred Russel is gonna go maybe as high as a 3rd.. at least an early day 2... We can get Shaud Williams late,and he'll do more for us .Plus he carried the Alabama offense while Brody Croyle struggled.

Nothing wrong with stockpiling.... :D

Getting open as a WR isn't all about speed. It's about being crafty, and being able to understand THE SAME AS THE QB DOES, as to how the route is to be run. The best receivers in football ALWAYS had a chemistry with their QB's. Give me a smart and crafty WR over one that's just fast anyday!! B)

Getting open as a WR isn't all about speed. It's about being crafty, and being able to understand THE SAME AS THE QB DOES, as to how the route is to be run. The best receivers in football ALWAYS had a chemistry with their QB's. Give me a smart and crafty WR over one that's just fast anyday!! B)

Billy - that's perfectly said. Best WR of all time, Jerry Rice, wasn't overwhelmingly fast but his chemistry with Montana and Young helped propel him into the greatness he's earned. He ran routes with perfection and both QBs knew that Rice would be there. I think if it wasn't for Rice, neither Montana nor Young would have been the great QBs they were; everyone helped each other get into the Hall of Fame, there was no individuality there.

I think if it wasn't for Rice, neither Montana nor Young would have been the great QBs they were; everyone helped each other get into the Hall of Fame, there was no individuality there.

So true. He was as slow as a white boy, (I don't mean to offend any slow white boys, but I feel I can, 'cuz I are one!) but he was ALWAYS open it seemed! Steve Largent of the Seahawks was also slow, but ranks second to Jerry Rice. It's all about craftiness!!