Pronouncing "BENGALS"

Junglelove4

I call the Dayton area home, and I must say that I've never heard the word "similar" pronounced with a "u" sound. I'm not calling you a liar, of course, but that is interesting. I believe she was a linguist, but I bet she's been here before. Nobody from the southern California area has even heard of Dayton, much less knows the dialect. Then again, that's her job, and what would I know about that? Not too much.

I've never heard the sim-u-lar pronouciation before, but I've never listened for it. My grandparents live in the Dayton area and I had an uncle who lived there as well. The one pronounciation that drives me insane is when people say "Cincinnata" instead of "Cincinnati." There are times that I just want to scream "The world doesn't end in a freakin A" B)

I have heard that one before and YUCK. I despise that as well. Absolutely annoying. Almost as annoynig as when someone reads my last name (Wimsatt) and comes out with "Windsock" or "Windsor" or "Wimzit." I think sometimes people are just too lazy to read words entirely, and that leads to the habitual "Cincinnata" thing. <_<

I call the Dayton area home, and I must say that I've never heard the word "similar" pronounced with a "u" sound. I'm not calling you a liar, of course, but that is interesting. I believe she was a linguist, but I bet she's been here before. Nobody from the southern California area has even heard of Dayton, much less knows the dialect. Then again, that's her job, and what would I know about that? Not too much.