X-Factor...Texans @ Bengals

Stripes

Texans @ Bengals  

44 members have voted

1. 1. What will determine the outcome of this game?

• Bengals passing offense
    • Rudi and Perry
    • Takeaways/Giveaways
    • Success against Domanick Davis
    • David Carr's performance
    • Special Teams
    • Other (please clarify)

I'm gonna go with the Bengals passing offense, and takeaways being a close second. Palmer and his receivers are in for a huge game, and that should allow Rudi and Perry nice numbers by the second half. I fully expect at least 500 yards of offense, and at least 4 takeaways on defense. If we take care of the football, and don't give up big plays, we should dominate......Again.

B)

I will go with David Carr's preformance. If he plays like Kyle Orton or Daunte then we are guarenteed a win.

If he plays good then that means the whole offense is preforming well which will in turn get the defense pumped up and make them play well, so that is why I feel the whole game resides on David Carr.

The game is going to rely on David Carr's performance, which in turn would affect the "Takeaways/Giveaways". They just changed offensive coordinators and this game will be tough, if David Carr is knocked around all day he will start throwing interceptions which will lead to a probable Bengals win.

I would actually be worried about this game if it weren't at home. The only reason Carr isn't ripping up the league right now is because he has the worst offensive line in football, but it seems no matter what the level of competition is, we don't get a pass rush from our d-line. I would be worried about this, but with the energy I saw from the home stands against the Vikings, I think it would be hard even for the Colts to beat us at home.

i voted other as the pass rush on carr will make him throw early or be sacked meaning they got nothing but the run and if we can stack 8 in the box they are going nowhere

I agree, and this is a factor every time the Texans set foot on a football field for a game. That offensive line is abysmal, and if we can generate even moderate pressure and clog the lans outside the tackles, then a shutout is not only possible, it is probable.

:detective: Looks to me like the Big O could be on to something. We've been flirting with shutouts last couple of weeks, and I think they'll get it this week at home.

31 zip ......... these guys :bengal:

I also think everyone else is onto somethng too when it comes to the Texans line problems. Carr is going to be in harrassed and hurried A LOT and that's going to turn into turnovers which will turn into points. It's going to be a vicious circle ........ from a Texans point of view anyway. B)

I see Palmer throwing 2 TD's in the first quarter and that will set the tone of the game...

Just has last week the Texans will be forced into passing situations....

31-10 Bengals with Kitna throwing a TD late in the game....

So in your world, the Bengals are up by 23-10, and decide to put Kitna in the game? Kitna only sees the field if we are up by 50. (See the Minnesota game. up 34-0 late, and Palmer stayed in)

I think our defense is due for some big pass rushing. One, the Texans' OL is horrible and two, our DL is just.. due. I mean, Geathers and Smith are both good pass rushers (or at least they ought to be), and Pollack and Landon Johnson, again, should be good for that, too. If all that is right, it's only a matter of time before everyone starts clicking and everyone is playing well at the same time, instead of little bursts of being good.

This is a good time for that to happen because of the reasons I already said. Texans are bad at it, the defense is getting to that point where it starts molding together more, and everyone will be fired up for our second home game. Most fans don't get so excited playing a bad team at home after being 3-0, but.. it's been a really long time for us. So the 12th man (girl ^_~) should really help the defense get inspired.

Carr is a talented QB and if the D does not get some pressure on him early this could be a close game, but I dont think they can keep up with the Bengals O scoring points on thier best day.

Yeah, he's a great QB. So great that he's only mustered up 7 points a game. He's so great that he has the 2nd worst passer rating in the league with 47.9. He's so great that he has a total of 237 passing yards in his two games, with only 1 TD, and 3 INT's.

He might have the skills to be a big QB, but football is a team sport, and he just doesn't have the players around him to succeed.

Last week everyone got on this forum and talked about how good the Bears defense was, and how it would be a tight game because of how good they are. Well, they were good, but not as good as us. Now we are talking about the worst team in the league coming into our house and challenging us us because of who? David Carr?

Have some faith in your team. If they sign Jesus as their starting QB before Sunday, then we can start to worry. Otherwise, relax. I don't feel the need to create some artificial drama just to get me to Sunday. Talk about this game for what it is. An easy W. Any given sunday... sure, but that assumes that it would be a fluke, not the superiority of David Carr.

As far as I'm concerned we should just add an extra week of talk about the Jags... which is primarily what has been happening.

P.S. I bought tickets to the Texans game in the offseason, because I thought it would be a decent game. Oh well, at least I'll get to see the Bengals dominate.

Whoever scores the most points always wins. :D

Hard to believe the Texans will shut down the Bengals offense so there should be lots of Bengals points.

Maybe the most key factor for the Texans D is how 3 new starters will perform at CB, OLB, and DE. Doubt it will matter much, though.

The most interesting question now seems how many points the Texans wills score.

Factors for them putting points on the board could be:

1. David Carr running. If he gets time enough for the secondary and LBs to drift farther back when he drops back to pass, he could reel off some big runs and wind up with a 100 yards.

2. Tory James vs. Andre Johnson. If these 2 are paired up, Carr could go to Johnson early and often w/ lots of comebacks and corners.

3. Landon Johnson vs. Domanick Davis. There's no way Pollack can keep up with Davis in the passing game and Davis is a threat to catch and run on any down.

Bengals 31 Texans 20