Happy Anniversary Bengals fans

jjakq27

While it is not to the exact day, two of the darkest days in recent Bengals history happened during the third week of the season.

In 2000 the Bengals were pasted by the eventual Super Bowl champs, Baltimore Ravens, 37-0. During that game, local favorite, Corey Dillon refused to re-enter the game adding to his place in the hearts of Bengals fans. The next day, Head Coach Bruce Coslet resigned after "having no answers" for the teams troubles. He was replaced by defensive coordinator Dick LeBeau.

In 2002, Gus Frerotte would go down in Bengals infamy for the left-handed pass attempt against the Falcons on Sunday night football. This intercepted pass would further cement the teams' status as the Bungles. They lost 30-3 on their way to a 2-14 record, the worst in franchise history, leading to the dismissal of Head Coach Dick LeBeau and the house-cleaning that followed.

The moral of the story is to enjoy the ride and don't sweat the small stuff.

And in 2004, the Bengals lost 23-9 to the Ravens and let Jamal Lewis break a 75-yard TD run in the 4th quarter after we had closed the gap to 16-9.

So I would say that this week 3 was exponentially better. :bengal:

BN...I was wondering if your avatar could come over and do some light dusting?

Sorry, Big O, I've got my avatar on lockdown...she always comes home late and doesn't tell me where she's been.