NFL has rescinded Jon Kitna's $5,000 fine

Kirkendall

From Enquirer.com

The NFL has rescinded Jon Kitna's $5,000 fine, the Bengals QB told the Enquirer on Tuesday. Kitna had been fined for wearing unlicensed gear at his news conference after the 49ers game Dec. 14. Kitna donned a cap emblazoned with a cross. "It's interesting how the cross of Christ works," Kitna said. He had received about $100 from supporters around the country, and Kitna said he would return the money with letters of thanks.

Good stuff. I'm glad the NFL came to their senses on this one. I was outraged about it. Of course it was a good thing cause it allowed Kitna to get the message to just more people, and that's always a good thing.

Now what are the odds of the NFL giving Chad some of his money back? :lol:

The nfl takes themselves to serious when it comes to those fines anyway. Enforcing ridiculous fines that amount to a lot of hard working peoples' entire yearly incomes is ridiculous.

Don't fine players whos' job it is to take a guy's head off, and then take 30,000 dollars because he did it too good.That's just stupid.

Personally I don't care how ridiculous the fines are as long as the NFL stays consistent. This isn't consistent. Additionally I will never feel pity for them while I work day and day out, paycheck to paycheck while they swim in their towers of riches.

BTW - When was the last time you heard a Scrooge McDuck reference?

From Enquirer.com

The NFL has rescinded Jon Kitna's $5,000 fine, the Bengals QB told the Enquirer on Tuesday. Kitna had been fined for wearing unlicensed gear at his news conference after the 49ers game Dec. 14. Kitna donned a cap emblazoned with a cross. "It's interesting how the cross of Christ works," Kitna said. He had received about $100 from supporters around the country, and Kitna said he would return the money with letters of thanks.

In a further development today, the commissioners office released an ammendment to the memo rescinding Kitnas fine that instead levies the fine against Chad Johnson of the Cincinnati Bengals because in the words of the commissioner, " Something about him just pisses me off ". No further comment was offered by the commissioners office.

When notifed of the fine, Chad Johnson declined to comment ............. and was fined by the commissioners office for being uncooperative with the media. B)