Random NASCAR thoughts.

Kirkendall

who is going to be the most important bengal the rest of the season if we are going deep into the playoffs  

5 members have voted

1. 1. who is going to be the most important bengal the rest of the season if we are going deep into the playoffs

• c.palmer
    • r.johnson
    • c.johnson
    • o line
    • j. thorton
    • b.robinson
    • k.kasveharn
    • other (who?)

Well, is it evident enough that Tony Jr. should have never left the #8 team? First of all, it's the aero tracks that really the #8 car struggled with, but who cares. So far since the reunion, Dale Jr. has a 3rd and 4th place starting spot and finished 5th last week. In fact, in Loudon, Jr. didn't fall out of the top-ten.

Dale Jarrett has his old crew chief back. Think he'll turn it around? I hope, either, that he makes a run at winning something in the freakin' world or just retires. Rusty is retiring because he didn't want to become what Jarrett is now... think Jarrett is done? Or is just a down time for the RYR teams? And with their partnership with Roush, and financial backing from Ford, RYR should be one of the top teams. What's wrong?

Kyle Busch starts 3rd while Kasey Kahne starts 2nd. Should be fun to see the start of the race.

Mikey Waltrip and Robby Gordon made up on trackside last night. Shouldn't have lingering effects -- I suspect Robby is on the last leg of his operation if he doesn't start showing some improvement. He admitted if he was suspended a race, he may have had to fold up his shop.

NASCAR won't suspend the high profile drivers.. think they are losing control on the sport in place of the sponsers? That's a scary thought.

Lowe's testing took place this week with Biffle crashing super-hard. Tony Stewart crashed 30 minutes into the six-hour practice, but had the top speed. Look for another 22 cautions are the fall Lowe's race? My prediction; whoever has the 10th fastest car in that race wins because the fastest setup could lose a tire or slam into the wall. That place is too fast and Humpy made a mistake of levigation. Either way, it's over and teams need to find a new setup to avoid a boring 22-caution race like the 600.

Newman is peaking at the right time. Not only did he win last week, but he has the pole for the Busch and Cup race. In Cup qualifying, Newman was 2 tenths faster than Kahne, and this is not an impound weekend -- races that Newman has struggled at this season.

Newman is peaking at the right time. Not only did he win last week, but he has the pole

Newman may or may not be peaking. The 12 car winning a pole isn't a good indication of anything. There have been too many of these poles Newman's won, only to lose the lead on the first lap, and to nearly become invisible for the rest of the race in both impound and non-impound races.

I agree. Just because he wins the pole and then wins a Busch race doesn't mean he is peaking at the right time. He very well may be peaking at the right time but NH and Dover has always been his strong tracks. It is when we go to some of the tracks where he has stuggled at is when we will know if that team is peaking at the right time.

On a different note, he won the Busch race and most in the garage, from various internet reports and TV broadcasts, is that this track has the same Busch and Cup setup.

I think, like Stewart and Biffle earlier, Newman will find confidence and run probably the best he's run since his 8 win season.

I'm not sold on Newman. newman16lb.jpg Again he got the pole, and again he wasn't a factor. If his team was half as good at actual racing as they are at qualifying, he'd be far atop the standings. If it stays the way it is now, he'll never see a championship.

Top-five is not a factor? I'm not saying, typically, a pole winner means anything during the race -- while it's always nice being in front missing any early wrecks. But Newman has momentum right now and he's staying out of everyone's way. Right now, he has just a good a chance as anyone to win this championship.

What would he have to do to convince you? Martin is a well established driver, but has never won a championship. JJ has two runner-ups, but nothing.

And let's not forget his 8-win season. Something Kenseth, Busch, Dale Jr., Biffle, Tony Stewart, Dale Jarrett and Mark Martin has never done.

Heck, I think Ryan will win multiple champions...

Top-five is not a factor?

Nope. He's just the 4th loser. Had he been there at the end racingJimmie for the win like Kyle Bush (who's BTW a far better driver than Newman will ever be) then he could be called a factor. I just don't like that college boy. All promise and no delivery. He should run for office as a democrat.

And let's not forget his 8-win season. Something Kenseth, Busch, Dale Jr., Biffle, Tony Stewart, Dale Jarrett and Mark Martin has never done.

You can't compare a non Champion to Champions like Busch, Kenseth, Stewart, and Jarrett. It's all about the Trophy. Ryan will never own one. I honestly believe that. Had he not dissed another Cup winner and team mate Rusty Wallace no less, I wouldn't care one way or the other about him. I just feel he doesn't show proper respect when it's called for. Screw him.

You can't compare a non Champion to Champions like Busch, Kenseth, Stewart, and Jarrett. It's all about the Trophy. Ryan will never own one. I honestly believe that. Had he not dissed another Cup winner and team mate Rusty Wallace no less, I wouldn't care one way or the other about him. I just feel he doesn't show proper respect when it's called for. Screw him.

It's not me comparing... it's the numbers... :D

Dude, this will only be his 4th full season... :D

I'm well aware of how many seasons each and every driver in the Cup Series has under his belt. I only hope he amasses the same record as another "gifted" Dodge driver: kyle.jpg

C'mon Josh...nuthin' is going to make me like Newman! newman16lb.jpg

Do you say Newman the same way too when you see him on the track? :excited::D

Just like Jerry did on the sitcom. "Oh. It's you Newman." <_<

Up until the time he and Rusty had their inter-team squabble, I had no feelings one way or the other, and I'm no giant Rusty fan either. It's about respect, and Rusty wasn't shown his due. That's it.