Wyche is looking for a job

redsfan2

Sam Wyche is telling everybody that he wants to get back into coaching at any level. Mularkey was thinking about him as a qb coach ...... he certainly wouldn't hurt them.

How about we land him as an asst. offensive coordinator ?????? In case Brat gets the hook, we have a replacement already on the payroll and up to speed. He was the OC for Walsh the 1st time the 49er's won the suberbowl, Maybe he'd pan out again.

there's no doubting Wyche's understanding of an offense. the thing that should be done though is bring Sam back in some degree for the franchise that he is most known for being with.Kind of like a farewell tour.If it could be done as an aid to Marvin lewis and his staff, rather than a stunt by mike brown it could work out for all involved.

In case Brat gets the hook, we have a replacement already on the payroll and up to speed. He was the OC for Walsh the 1st time the 49er's won the suberbowl, Maybe he'd pan out again.

I don't think this would happen because of the spat with the Brown family (mostly Katie) when Sam left. There was a big ol' bright burning bridge during that.

I think if Brat gets the axe, Hue Jackson and Zampese will get first looks.

In case Brat gets the hook, we have a replacement already on the payroll and up to speed. He was the OC for Walsh the 1st time the 49er's won the suberbowl, Maybe he'd pan out again.

I don't think this would happen because of the spat with the Brown family (mostly Katie) when Sam left. There was a big ol' bright burning bridge during that.

I think if Brat gets the axe, Hue Jackson and Zampese will get first looks.

Didn't know Katie had been involved in that.

I did see an interview with Wyche in which he said that he still talks to Mike Brown weekly and still considers him a good friend. He said leaving the Bengals was a long time ago and he doesn't dwell on it.

My comment was mainly " tongue in cheek ". I doubt that we'll ever see Wyche back with any team in any capacity beyond consultant or scout. His heart condition is under control but not cured and he still can't speak above a hoarse whisper. Shame too ..... I always liked him. He was an odd bastard, but I liked him.

I also think you're right about Jackson and / or Zampese. The only thing that would trouble me about a promotion for either of them would be where do we get replacements that are as good ?????

Didnt Wyche have to leave broadcasting due to a throat condition that affected his speaking voice or something? Love to have him back, still my favorite Bengals coach of all time.... :D

I love Sam too. They replayed the highlights from Super Bowl 23 on Sunday morning and it was awsome to see him in action. He was so energetic and positive. I really appreciate him more after suffering through his replacements...Davey, Brucie and Dick.

Guys like him and Anthony Munoz should have a job for life in some capacity in this organization.

I do think that Sam also has a heart condition that is being treated with medication but if it gets worse it would require a heart transplant. His vocal cords were injured during a procedure and it took him a long time to regain minimal use of his voice. I think the Bengals webpage has an good interview with Sam from December in the article archives of the page.

Didnt Wyche have to leave broadcasting due to a throat condition that affected his speaking voice or something?  Love to have him back, still my favorite Bengals coach of all time.... :D

I love Sam too. They replayed the highlights from Super Bowl 23 on Sunday morning and it was awsome to see him in action. He was so energetic and positive. I really appreciate him more after suffering through his replacements...Davey, Brucie and Dick.

Guys like him and Anthony Munoz should have a job for life in some capacity in this organization.

I do think that Sam also has a heart condition that is being treated with medication but if it gets worse it would require a heart transplant. His vocal cords were injured during a procedure and it took him a long time to regain minimal use of his voice. I think the Bengals webpage has an good interview with Sam from December in the article archives of the page.

I didn't know what had happened to his voice. I knew he had been sick, and then the next time I heard anything at all was when he did the interview and could barely speak at all.

Thanks for the articles. This is the first time that I'd ever really heard what had happened to his voice. I'm not real big on suing people, but seeing how they ended his career, I think in this case I'd a had to.

Sam Wyche is telling everybody that he wants to get back into coaching at any level. Mularkey was thinking about him as a qb coach ...... he certainly wouldn't hurt them.

And that's exactly what happened. I just posted it in the NFL forum.