Martinsville Madness

BengalszoneBilly

Does anyone remember at this time last year where McMurray was screaming like a little girl over his radio at his spotter and crew chief as he fell out of the chase "TELL HIM NOT TO PASS ME! AHHHHH! TELL HIM NOT TO .... AHHHHHHHH! HE'S PASSING ME!!!" with about 10 laps to go? Oh God. How embarrassing. Well look for more of that kind of stuff Saturday night.

Not just Jamie, but possibly from a few others sitting on the fringe. Carl Edwards, Ryan O'Neal, Jeff Gordon...depending on how the race goes, many others could be included. This will be one of the top 3 most exciting races of the season. My top two picks for this race, Gordon and Kenseth. Sleeper...(are you ready Jeff Earnhart?) Dale Earnhardt JUNIOR!!!

This is the best weekend in the world of sports for me. The Bengals kick off their season, and Nascar kicks off their Chase to the Championship! It just don't get no better than this!!

nascarsmall7fg.gifPLUS cincinnatibengalssmallcat9qu.gif EQUALS fengshui1tq.jpg

Rough Chinese translation: Total happiness, contentment, or feeling of well being in your life. :)

:lol: When was the last time you've seen a Chinese metaphor used in anything Nascar related? :rolleyes: Only I could pull these together! ^_^

This will be one of the top 3 most exciting races of the season.

I'll go one step further and say that unless the championship comes down to the final race, this weekend's race at Richmond is THE most exciting race of the season -- for me anyway. The final Chase spots on the line, racing under the lights, and fender-to-fender short track action -- the way stock car racing was meant to be. It doesn't get any better than this.

Does anyone remember at this time last year where McMurray was screaming like a little girl over his radio at his spotter and crew chief as he fell out of the chase "TELL HIM NOT TO PASS ME! AHHHHH! TELL HIM NOT TO .... AHHHHHHHH! HE'S PASSING ME!!!" with about 10 laps to go? Oh God. How embarrassing. Well look for more of that kind of stuff Saturday night.

LOL ... I remember that. And I think he's going to suffer a similar fate this year. Either Newman or Gordon are going to leapfrog McMurray for that tenth spot in the chase, maybe Sadler too. The question is, which one will it be? I can't even fathom Gordon not being in the Chase for the Cup, but it's a real possibility at this point.

The stat to watch during this race is the "As They Run" stat, the one that shows the updated season points based on what position each driver is in at that point of the race. The positions were changing on almost every lap last year and it looks like that'll be the case again this year. It should be one heck of a night of racing.

This is the best weekend in the world of sports for me. The Bengals kick off their season, and Nascar kicks off their Chase to the Championship!

Again, I agree. But I'll expand it and say this is the best WEEK, so to include last Sunday's football opener for my Kentucky Wildcats. :D

Don't forget about OSU vs. Texas Saturday night!

Beer is bad. (my community service message for the week)

Whereas Bourbon is good! (my bar patron service message for this millenium) :rolleyes:

Definitely one of the biggest sports weekends of the year. I've been doing twelve ounce curls all week just to be in great football shape for the weekend

Hey boomer, is that your first post ever in this forum? At least it was worthy by mentioning 12 ounce curls. Kudo's dude. B)

I don't know how much NASCAR discussion there was on this site before I joined, but I can guarantee you there's going to be more of it from now on. I'm on a mission. ;)

There was it's fair share, but your presence has upped it a great deal.

Hell yea. I'm buying a backup set of batteries for the remote just for contingency purposes.

I keep buying those myself, but my girlfriend keeps swiping them and I don't know why. :blink: Hmmmmmmmm......

I keep buying those myself, but my girlfriend keeps swiping them and I don't know why.  :blink: Hmmmmmmmm......

If true, perhaps your lost batteries is the least of your problem? :lol::lol:

Oh man...did I leave the door wide open for that slam or what? :rolleyes:

Have you ever heard of the term "Insatiable?" :wub: