Bengals sign Skip Hicks & Alvin Porter

jbengals1

The Bengals signed two free agents Friday in former Redskins and Panthers running back Skip Hicks and former Ravens cornerback Alvin Porter.

I dont know much abought Alvin Porter but Skip Hicks was a great pickup and should help right away 2004 :)

Alvin Porter will probably be brought in to replace Burris.. he's not really expected to beat out Hawkins, Weathersby,James, possibly Roberts and Reggie Myles. .. plus look for cincy to draft another cornerback.. so burris and one more player look to be gone by the draft.

Yes they will draft a corner or two BUT the "real" news will be who they get in FA! Hicks won't make the team and couldn't hold Bennett's jock! :rolleyes:

No great info about Porter but I have always liked him. He is truly nothing more than a nickel and dime back but like I said, ive always liked him. I believe he was an undrafted FA out of Oklahoma or Ok St....

He started a few games for us after "The Purge" and held his own for the most part.

He probably wont make much of an impact with ya'll but he is at the very least a solid reserve.