picking the championships

richmond_mat

double upset cool

The Eagles don't deserve to win. They can't stop any running back and that will kill them against the Panthers. They should have lost the first time they played Carolina but there ain't no way their Kicker is gonna miss that many field goals again....

As for the Colts-Pats...Man how could you bet against Manning with how hot he is throwing the ball?

After my Billybroomin' last weekend I am going to think these through and make my picks later.

Hey!! You say that like it's a bad thing. Next thing you know it'll be the same conotation as "Munsoned" did from the movie King Pin! :lol:

Like I said in the earlier thread:

Colts over Patriots

Panthers over Eagles

After my Billybroomin' last weekend I am going to think these through and make my picks later.

Hey!! You say that like it's a bad thing. Next thing you know it'll be the same conotation as "Munsoned" did from the movie King Pin! :lol:

I'll never take the name of Billybroome in vain again.

I like the colts over the pats. The pats are due for a close home loss (or a blowout).

I like the igglesover the panthers. I don't so much like them, but I think one home team will win. Based on last week, I probably have them backwards.

I reckon I should just agree with brooksie's picks if I want to win.

I'm changing my picks now.

Philly and NE.

Brooks, just remember before you say anything you now have the satisfaction of knowing that I've fallen on your level now and you should thus be satisfied that the world turns again. :angry:

Hey, I'm just biding my time, waiting to make my picks so I don't have a revelation after an early-week pick and have to change my mind again.

Hey, I'm just biding my time, waiting to make my picks so I don't have a revelation after an early-week pick and have to change my mind again.

Jesus brooksie...It's almost friday! Who are you picking already Mr. Guru! Please speak to us your Lordship!! :rolleyes:

Patriots over the Colts: I believe in Belichick. Yeah...Manning has been lighting it up. But against who? Denver? KC!!!??? He's been living off fluff. What's he gonna do in mid-20's Farenheit against a real defense.

Eagles over Carolina: Carolina looks like the 2001 Patriots...team, team, team. But, they're not. Everyone's talking about 4th and 26, but what about that late touchdown where McNabb was trapped and hit by two different D-lineman and still bought time, rolled out and found Pinkston in the tiniest corner of the endzone?

Super Bowl will be two QB's without the stats that know how to win.

Patriots over the Colts: I believe in Belichick. Yeah...Manning has been lighting it up. But against who? Denver? KC!!!??? He's been living off fluff. What's he gonna do in mid-20's Farenheit against a real defense.

I said this in another thread and I really think that in order for Manning to win, he needs to survive the environments and he needs to play a good defense away from home. Did you guys know that Indy practiced this week in a dome? Sure they turned off the heat and opened the doors, but it's not the environment they will play on Sunday. This is a "big game" and Manning historically has failed in such circumstances.

Plus the Colts defense is not good, even though Manning had his way against the Chiefs, they did only win by 7 points and Belichick will throw things at Manning that Payton has never seen. I don't think it's going to blowout, but it very well could be.

Everyone's talking about 4th and 26, but what about that late touchdown where McNabb was trapped and hit by two different D-lineman and still bought time, rolled out and found Pinkston in the tiniest corner of the end zone?

The 4th and 26 will be talked about for years. With that said, traditionally in the NFL, overcoming a big play usually means a team will go far, sometimes a SB winner -- how many times must we see Steve Sabol talk about "the play" in his fabulous NFL films documentaries. But the Eagles would not have won against the Packers if Favre didn't throw that deep, and "MasterCard - I wouldn't have thrown that" the Eagles could very well be thinking draft for next season. NOW with that said, the Eagles will win because it's their destiny. McNabb is playing VERY well and will overcome that defense, since he was sacked 8 times against GB and still had over 100 yards rushing and 250 yards passing.

Super Bowl will be two QB's without the stats that know how to win

Hasn't that been the truth for several years now? SHESH! It makes it hard to determine who the teams will be in the SB.

Here's what I have for everyone:

picks colts pats pans iggles

mat 1 0 0 1

Grizzly 1 0 0 1

kevnz 1 0 1 0

kitnas 1 0 1 0

jbengals 1 0 0 1

kirk 0 1 1 0

Brew 1 0 1 0

Billy 1 0 1 0

santonio 1 0 0 1

kirkII 0 1 0 1

brooksie 0 1 0 1

lambert 1 0 1 0

redsfan2 1 0 0 1

jeep 1 0 1 0

A one indicates a pick while a zero indicates not picking the team. I hope I got it all right.

:)

I am soooo glad I did not wager anything real. Kirk the original was perfect this week! But no one else was. Brooksie has a one game lead over jbengals. Everyone else is playing for second or, like myself, last. I am the cabooze.

mat 0 2

Grizzly 0 2

kevnz 1 1

kitnas 1 1

jbengals 0 2

kirk 2 0

Brew 1 1

Billy 1 1

santonio 0 2

kirkII 1 1

brooksie 1 1

lambert 1 1

redsfan2 0 2

jeep 1 1

I need a duff.

:lol:

After a respectable wildcard round (3-1), I have yet to pick a game correctly. For the superbowl, I am going to flip a coin, though I expect the patriots to be a touchdown favorite.

Brooksie couldnt continue the magic but is still at a respectable 8-2/9-1. Really I reckon it's 9-2 in vegas ignoring the spread. You just gotta double up.

Our captain was a perfect 2-0 until he changed his picks. Brooksie has to love that.

Here's the totals for the three rounds:

name total wins -games win perc

benboy 3 -6, 0.50000

billybroom 4, -10 0.40000

Brew 1 -2, 0.50000

btrest 2 -4, 0.50000

grizzly 0 -2, 0.00000

hottub 2 -4, 0.50000

jbengals 6 -10, 0.60000

jbrooks 8 -10, 0.80000

jeep 1 -2, 0.50000

jbrooks2 9 -12, 0.75000