Could the Steelers get Dicked?

kevnz

Seems that the Steelers feel that they have to suck even more next year and have interviewed Dick L. for the defensive coordinator postition they just freed up...

Cause don't you know he did wonders for the Bills this year. :lol:

Oh well, everything helps you know?

Also, might it be a good idea to start an AFC north section? Just an idea.

Cheers

That would be his second go around with the Steelers as well. Well, we hired him twice so I guess they wouldn't be doing any worse than us. At least they aren't going to turn the whole team over to him.

Too bad too. If they did maybe we'd get to see him in his Superman outfit again. Don't try to tell me he doesn't still have it and isn't just waiting to get it out again. Jeez ! That was just disturbing on so many levels. :ph34r:

Well in his defense, he did have the 5th best defense in points allowed and 2nd in yards allowed in the NFL -- not to mention 2nd against the past, which he coaches the secondary. And during his Steeler days, he had a pretty successful tenure, I was excited for our defense when he came back in '97.

I've always said he may not be a good head coach, but he knows defense and having LeBeau may be a great thing for Pitt.

True, I hated him in Cincy, but he is a proven (non head) coach.

...but he is a proven (non head) coach.

One of the greatest coach-speak quotes ever was from Coach LeBeau (and I am paraphrasing now) when he said, "We didn't score enough points and we couldn't stop them." Wow! Guess that's why he was 2-14 last season.

The first time he got fired in Cincinnati he was the defensive coordinator. I don't remember his exact stats or ranking ( I'm sure somebody can come up with it ), but I can remember doing a LOT of screaming when the defense was on the field. He sucked then too.

He did OK in Pittsburgh the last time he was there cause he had Cower to lean on. The way its going there, what if they fire Cower next year and install LeBeau as head coach ?? Wouldn't THAT be a hoot.

The first time he got fired in Cincinnati he was the defensive coordinator. I don't remember his exact stats or ranking ( I'm sure somebody can come up with it ), but I can remember doing a LOT of screaming when the defense was on the field. He sucked then too.

I think Coach LeBeau was part of Sam Wyche's staff and left after Sam quit/fired/resigned/walked out/got the boot. I don't think he was on Davey Shula's staff though I may be wrong. I think Cowher and Shula were both hired in 1992.