AZ Cardinals

Looks like the Cards are bringing on Denny Green. Living in Phoenix, I've tried to be a Cardinal supporter, but the past 10 years have been really tough. Yes they've recently been to the playoffs, so I don't mean to compare them to our beloved Bengals, but they never sell out Sun Devil Stadium. I and many others are not inclined to shell out $ for a 12" piece of metal without chair backs. Anybody ever been to a game out here? They get about 20,000+/-. It's pathetic.

Now, that said, I did go in on season tickets this past year and took the Bengals game. I got the Ravens game too, but sold them. If I remember it was still about 100 degrees out here then. We paid $15 per seat. We're building a new stadium in Glendale. I wonder how much the stadium and Green's $11 million contract will push up the prices.

Anybody got info on Green? I know he was in MN for 10 years and had some trouble there, but otherwise I didn't pay much attention to him. Does he do a radio program? Is it any good?

Does Marvin do a radio program?

Thanks for the info.

Well the fact that the Cards have to share a stadium with a college team says about everything. The Bidwells are tighter than Mikey. And I have a hard time believeing that the 20000 people show up at that stadium in the summer time. Hiring Green could do for the Cardinals what hiring Marvin did for the Bengals. Dennis Green went to the playoffs 8 times in 10 seasons...And some of those times his team didn't have the talent to do it. He'll also be able to attract some quality FA's for them instead of seeing players take less money to play elsewhere. He's got some core guys on offense and that's his strong suite and for Eli's sake I hope he goes to Arizona instead of having his career destroyed by having San Diego draft him.

Also Dennis Green worked for ESPN and did a pretty decent job. His biggest problem in MN was not being able to handle a hands on owner that didn't have a clue (Red McCombs is a moron....see what his rant did for his team? Another owner that makes Mikey look like the second coming of Paul Brown) But he also had some personal problems that popped up and that didn't help his last year there.

Dennis Green is a great pickup. He has a 97-62 record while in MN and he knows offense -- obviously coming from Walsh's system. He can develop an offense but defensively he had a little trouble, but having only one losing record on his repertoire is pretty impressive (even before Moss and Culpepper).

Now I bet that Arizona will pick up a QB in the draft. Ben Roethlisberger or Eli Manning, depending on how Oakland picks.

Does Marvin do a radio program?

Not really, but he does visit the local sports talk shows randomly. He's actually kind of a funny guys, he likes to joke around (which is a nice change of pace).

I agree that Green is a good move for Arizona, they seem to show flashed of brillance every year and always upset a few playoff caliber teams before imploding in the end. (sound familiar?)

I think they have a solid nucleas on D and have Shipp and Boldin on the offense who I think both can be stars in this league with a little help. Green will improve the franchise, but it will take a few years...

I agree that Green is a good move for Arizona, they seem to show flashed of brillance every year and always upset a few playoff caliber teams before imploding in the end. (sound familiar?)

Yeah, It's sounds real familiar. I'm thinking it still won't be enough to overcome Bill Bidwells reign of incompetance. I too, live out here in Arizona with my buddy Boobie, and year after year it the same old song and dance. Too sad to watch. :unsure: