this week's picks

richmond_mat

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sure, I'm in fella's! Let it continue so I can make a glorious comeback, although it may seem I'm a glutton for punishment. :P Here's my picks for what it's worth:

#1: St. Louis Rams over the Carolina Panthers.

#2: New England Patriots over the Tennessee Titans.

#3: Indianapolis Colts over the Kansas City Chiefs.

#4: Philadelphia Eagles over the Green Bay Packers.

I hope just because people didn't make picks last week, they won't make picks this week. I don't want this to be between just us four guys who were jaw jacking last weekend. I'd like to hear everyones pick! Guys? Do you agree? :blink:

I hope just because people didn't make picks last week, they won't make picks this week. I don't want this to be between just us four guys who were jaw jacking last weekend. I'd like to hear everyones pick! Guys? Do you agree? 

I think we should have a section that has game by game picks for the whole season. Then at the end we send out a prize, financed by everyone in an account in PayPal that offers a Bengals jersey or something. Problem is, who would want the task of keeping record of everyones picks and keeping it up for 20 weeks?

OK i'm in

Rams vs Panthers -- im going with the rams, "panthers are not ready 4 the show YET"

patriots vs titans -- im going with the patriots,"titans allways seem to loose in the playoffs"

colts vs chiefs -- im going with colts, manning has been hot "superbowl hot"

Eagles vs Packers -- im going with Packers "close game shoot out in the 4th"

I vote for continue the current game record..

I'm not against that, but it's up to the J's.

How's it up to us? We were the lucky ones with our picks last week!!

I'm down for keeping a roll-over if everyone else is. Here's my only correct pick for the week...No way in hell do I repeat at 4-0. This week's slate of games is a hell of a tough one to call.

I'll get my picks in a little later.

I'll get in on this action.

The Panthers over the Rams.

The Colts over the Chiefs

The Eagles over the Packers

and the big upset.......The Titans over the Patriots.......

But then what the hell do I know?

I'll get in on this action.

The Panthers over the Rams.

The Colts over the Chiefs

The Eagles over the Packers

and the big upset.......The Titans over the Patriots.......

But then what the hell do I know?

kevnz, I like the guts to take 3 underdogs. I think any one of these underdogs can pull it out and these games seem impossible to pick.

Carolina @ St. Louis...deep down in the pit of my stomach, I think Carolina can win this one, but on the turf, in the dome, I have to go with St. Louis. I'll pick them to cover the 7 1/2 point spread, too.

Indy @ KC...here's my upset pick, although not much of an upset. KC has been overhyped all season. Cincy did the league a favor and showed how to beat this team. Colts win in a shootout.

GB @ Philly...team of destiny? Maybe, but I have to pick the better team here. Green Bay's defense is full of holes. If they can control the game on the ground with Green, maybe, but Philly is the poor man's Patriots with a great team game.

Tennessee @ New England...this game scares me more than all the others because it should be a wash to pick New England. But Tennessee has a great team. Great run D, good pass D and McNair won't throw three picks like he did in Baltimore, even against the best Defense in football. Tennessee can beat any other team in the playoffs, including Indy which it lost to twice. This is this year's Super Bowl and I pick the Patriots.

Well, after I go 1-3 from these picks, I'll hide in a hole and keep repeating how jbengals is the real champ.

kevnz, I like the guts to take 3 underdogs. I think any one of these underdogs can pull it out and these games seem impossible to pick.

Carolina @ St. Louis...deep down in the pit of my stomach, I think Carolina can win this one, but on the turf, in the dome, I have to go with St. Louis. I'll pick them to cover the 7 1/2 point spread, too.

Well, at this point in the season it's hard to call any of these teams true underdogs because they all deserve to be there (Even the Chiefs...though I'm backing off that Super Bowl prediction)

As for the Panthers, I gotta give them some hometown love. And nothing would please this old country boy more than seeing the Lombardi trophy come down south. But for at least this game...Bulger worries me...He is throwing way too many picks, and that is a recipe for disaster against the just do enough to win...Also Bengal fans take note. The Panthers went 1-15, got a new (defensive minded) coach, improve by 6 games the next year, now they win their division, a home playoff game and who knows what else...sound familiar???

I vote for continue the current game record..

I'm not against that, but it's up to the J's.

How's it up to us? We were the lucky ones with our picks last week!!

I'm down for keeping a roll-over if everyone else is. Here's my only correct pick for the week...No way in hell do I repeat at 4-0. This week's slate of games is a hell of a tough one to call.

I'll get my picks in a little later.

I just left it up to the J's who were winning. I don't want to force you to keep playing simply because you are up a little. :D

I'll try to keep everyone's score just assuming anyone not in last week is 0-0. Don't be afraid to correct me. There is room for two winners: highest percentage and most wins. There should be a minimum number of games to become the percentage winner. How's 7 sound?

As for the whole season thing, I'd like to keep it to 5 games per week. You could have a monday-wednesday poll to pick the games to pick! Maybe the polling feature of the site can be used somehow? I'm sure kirk or b24 know something about this.

Sorry to do this to you mat, but, I have to change a pick...here's all four, quickly:

Eagles over Pack

Patriots over Titans

Colts over Chiefs

Panthers over Rams.

I just couldn't resist this Panthers team. I would advise all of you to pick the exact opposite of me in the Panthers/Rams game. No matter who I pick, the other team will win.

Hey Mat, are you getting all of these picks? Do you want some help?

It's probably a good idea for both of us to do a tally. (Error detection)

Especially with Brooksie changing his picks; maybe cousin vinnie needs to pay him a visit.

We'll need to automate this for the fall, if we are to have a competition. I'm confident kirk can figure out how.