More changes are a coming

kevnz

Just read some stuff from Coach Lewis at Bengals.com

“Don’t worry about the cap. It’s not an issue,” Lewis said. “Because the cap has a lot of people in it that might not be in it. The cap is a floating number that changes every day.”

Sounds an awful lot like Lewis is gonna be cutting some players in the near future...

See this is one of those things that shows that Coach Lewis is calling the shots. In the past however was coach would have been thrilled with 8-8 and not touched a thing (see Dick when they went 6-10...what's he do? Makes Gus Frerotte his starter...idiot) I expect a fairly productive offseason...I think having a defense that finished 28th in the league embarressed coach Lewis a lot

I say it'll be a good portion of the DT's....I wouldn't be suprised to see only Steele and Thornton survive...For that matter I wouldn't be surprised to Burris cut...But I think he'll retire and be offered a coaching spot...

But in the interview Coach also said that Richardson is staying. WTF? :blink: I don't know what that's all about...

“Don’t worry about the cap. It’s not an issue,” Lewis said. “Because the cap has a lot of people in it that might not be in it. The cap is a floating number that changes every day.”

One thing I've notice about Marvelous Marvin is his ability to side track questions. His diplomacy surely rates as very high in my book. But while he may answer the question, I often times reflect on his response and question myself, did he answer that or not? LOL

some possible cuts:

QB

Matthews. Is he necessary anymore? Hard to tell since Kit got all of the snaps this year.

RB

Corey. The time has come to parts ways. It is probably just a matter of doing it at the most fiscally advantageous time.

WR

TJ. I'm still not sure what the whole story was on him this year. Obviously he didn't contribute and Kelly Washington stepped up nicely.

OL

O'Dwyer. After he got benched was he hurt? He never saw the field and I know he was inactive for some games.

TE

Stewart. Stewart is a decent player but he may be a cap casualty.

DL

Gibson. Probably nearing the end of his career.

LB

Levels or R. Johnson. Can they replace Ross? Or do you keep them for Sp. teams?

CB

I'm sure everyone would like to see Hawkins gone but from what I see, I think ML likes him.

P

I think Richardson stays until the are absolutely sure they have someone better. Even though he didn't boom too many, he and Graham solidified a glaring weakness for this team.

some possible cuts:

QB

Matthews. Is he necessary anymore? Hard to tell since Kit got all of the snaps this year.

RB

Corey. The time has come to parts ways. It is probably just a matter of doing it at the most fiscally advantageous time.

WR

TJ. I'm still not sure what the whole story was on him this year. Obviously he didn't contribute and Kelly Washington stepped up nicely.

OL

O'Dwyer. After he got benched was he hurt? He never saw the field and I know he was inactive for some games.

TE

Stewart. Stewart is a decent player but he may be a cap casualty.

DL

Gibson. Probably nearing the end of his career.

LB

Levels or R. Johnson. Can they replace Ross? Or do you keep them for Sp. teams?

CB

I'm sure everyone would like to see Hawkins gone but from what I see, I think ML likes him.

P

I think Richardson stays until the are absolutely sure they have someone better. Even though he didn't boom too many, he and Graham solidified a glaring weakness for this team.

qb - agree about Matthews. He's too good to stay a 3rd stringer. Replaced w / maybe a late round pick ?????

rb - been saying since the first time he popped off with the "trade me" routine that he was gone.

wr - I'd like to agree with you on this one. I think he should be gone ........... but ........ I've got this nagging suspicion that he'll be back. If he does get cut, it'll be a late one.

O line - O'Dwyer for sure, and maybe a couple of others as well.

te - agreed

D line - Same as O line

lb - ??????? coach Lewis is very high on Riall Johnson. He gets high marks for intelligence, and Lewis likes that.

db's - This could be the hardest hit bunch on the team. It will most llikely be quicker to list the guys that are kept as opposed to the ones that aren't.

p - I can't believe that he is going to be here next year unless he has a MAJOR upgrade in performance. Someone will most likely be brought in to challenge him. Either way, I think he'son the bubble.