2004 free agents "WISH LIST'

jbengals1

here is a link to the 2004 free agents --> http://www.nfldraftblitz.com/2004_free_agents.htm check them out and make a wish list..........here is mine

RUNNINGBACK - Kevin Faulk from New Enland

- Duce Staley from Philadelphia

FULLBACKS - Sam Gash from Buffalo

WIDE RECEIVERS - Kevin Dyson from Carolina

- Terrell Owens from San Francisco

- Darrell Jackson from Seattle

TIGHT ENDS - Wesley Walls from Greenbay

OFFENSIVE TACKLES - Orlando Pace from St Louis

DEFENSIVE ENDS - Jevon Kearse from Tennessee

CORNERBACKS - Champ Bailey from Washington <-- the 1 i want the most

- Charles woodson from Oakland

if we add another fullback

I like Jeremi, plus I don't think Marvin would waste another pick on a FB -- that would be crazy, almost Cleveland-ish (didn't they draft 3 Centers in 2 seasons?) Plus the more this team evolved into a single back formation makes me believe that we only need one FB anyway, if that.

I think most of you will be surprised and disappointed when we don't tap much into the free agent other than guys that fill gaps. I'd be surprised to see any high priced big name players come to Cincinnati. We will build through the draft and develop younger players that are roaming in the NFL. That's the way Marvin can do it without breaking up the cohesiveness this team showed this season.

I think most of you will be surprised and disappointed when we don't tap much into the free agent other than guys that fill gaps. I'd be surprised to see any high priced big name players come to Cincinnati.

I think the Bengals will at least make a play for one top-flight FA, probably at corner (i.e. Bailey, Woodson, or -- remember who our DC is -- one of the guys from the Eagles). But yeah, that's about it. The rest of the available dough will go toward resigning our own FAs (Rudi and Beckett prominent among them), filling in the o-line with some vets at C and RG, and maybe toward a contract restructure or two (Kitna?)

Well the biggest thing that is going to contribute to our free-agency hunt , will be the contracts of John Kitna and Corey Dillon.

If rumors persist that Dillon will be traded for a second round pick in 2004, and a conditional pick in 2005, then that's 3.4 million off of the 2004 cap.

Kitna could possibly receive his extension via his restructuring that would keep him here till 2006. Freeing up about 3 million for the 2004 campaign and about 2 milliion the following years.

if we could free up 5 million to go with the reported 11-13 million that we would be under come march 1st.. then we could possibly afford the additional draft picks a dillon trade or another trade would bring us.

The 5 million freed up would almost certainly take care of the "draft-pick" side of the cap.

Resigning Rudi shouldn't go through the roof. The fact is that Dillon is a proven nfl back, so losing him would guarantee a draft pick to replace him.

Rudi should get a deal somewhere in the 4 year ( 9 million dollar range, with incentive bonuses..making it close to 11 million. keeping his base salary around 1.5 million and very cap friendly.

chrishcovga,

I CANT AGREE WITH YA MORE....but Kirkendall this is the 1st and prob last time i disagree with you and if i was a betting man i would say the bengals land 2-3 GREAT free agents ( I hope champ baily is 1 )

but Kirkendall this is the 1st and prob last time i disagree with you

I like it when people disagree with me, it helps everyone here investiage all the scenarios and results. Plus it wouldn't be much fun if people agreed with everyone and we wouldn't have much to say in the end. :lol:

if i was a betting man i would say the bengals land 2-3 GREAT free agents

I hope so, but I won't be disappointed if they don't. I really admire the Ravens the way they picked up most of their players through the draft. This creates dynasties and longevity in the end because the players that are drafted with a team, tend to take less money to stay then hitting the FA market.. and Cincinnati being the Mid-West capital of the nation (a little too much?) this only benefits us with the limited press coverage, it's got the publicity of a retirement home compared to Washington, Philly, the Yorkers or out west.

I think I'm hesitant on putting too much stock on a FA, as you can probably reflect with me in dispair and depression, it reminds me of the sports rule of Griffeyism.

Personally, I think we go after the draft first and foremost, then plug the gap through the available free agents. This will only help us in our Super Bowl bid of '05. We forget that Mike Brown still signs the checks and has the final say on contracts alloted, thus not convinced of Browns same level of desire as Marvin, you or me. I hope I'm wrong though.

Well I'd like to see the Bengals land a fairly big name CB, but it won't be Bailey, there is no way that the Skins won't franchise him, and he ain't worth the picks that the Bengals would have to give up, not that Washington would take any picks because their owner thinks he's playing fantasy football....(do you think Snyder regrets not giving the head job to Marvin?) their best bet at CB would be one of the Eagles Cbs that are available. Everything else should be done by the draft. Also it helps the Bengals attract quality FA's later if they can sign a big name, cause players know they are committed.

History suggest the Bengals will sign a corner, but it also gives experience. While neither Burris nor James have been a bust, neither is the caliber this page wants.

If I were Burris I'd be looking to cash in an insurance policy and start coaching. Concussions are serious things and he has had his allotment.

James is still a good cover man capable of covering the average receivers one on one.

Terrence Newman looked like a rookie last night. In good position, but unable to make the play. So I like the idea of getting a veteran like champ Bailey, but mikey probably won't poney up the jack.

Money may be better spent on a Safety, the weakest link in our D. (it's a close race since no one will say there was an aspect they excelled at, except giving up third down conversion) :ph34r: