Dont call it a comeback!

The Brew Man

I'm definitely with you on this one redsfan2...Not just no, but HELL NO!!! :P

Saw on one of your other posts that your a former Marine as well. We'd most likely agree on a lot of things.

Including what ought to be done to malingerers. I'm all for cutting them as long as it really does involve sharp implements, and just doesn't mean putting a line through their name on the roster.

CONGRATULATIONS.., now can he beat Palmer out in an open competition.?

I still think that we are putting too much stock in Palmer. There's too much of a chance for disappointment with Carson now with the high level expected of him.

However if Palmer fulfills his prophesy then I'd be hestitant to disagree, but Marvin needs to announce that he's starting soon so that Palmer can work on becoming the starter both mentally and physically.

Congrats to Kitna.

I'll also comment on Palmer. I don't think he should be handed the starting QB job. He needs to earn the job. Kitna has heaps of respect from the players on the team. Palmer has to earn their respect as well, else when he struggles (and he will, I don't care how great he is) the team will start to resent him and then you start the dreaded QB controversy...Even though Kitna would never help contribute to that.

CONGRATULATIONS.., now can he beat Palmer out in an open competition.?

I still think that we are putting too much stock in Palmer. There's too much of a chance for disappointment with Carson now with the high level expected of him.

However if Palmer fulfills his prophesy then I'd be hestitant to disagree, but Marvin needs to announce that he's starting soon so that Palmer can work on becoming the starter both mentally and physically.

I was a Palmer skeptic. Everone knew he had a cannon for an arm, but there were differing opinions of his mental abilities, and how he would pick up the game at the pro level. This year, Akili Smith was talking about how the game was slowing down for him and he was able to see and read the field better. Palmer was saying the same thing ............. after trainging camp. That does not sound like a slow learner to me.

He had his moments both good and bad in pre season, and even at that point I was still a little skeptical. What has really convinced me is that every single person in the organization says the same thing about him. He really is going to be something special. I'm not so much putting stock in Palmer, as I am in all the people around him. I've got high expectations for him too, but no higher than I think what the team and coach Lewis have for him. Certainly no higher than he has for himself. He's not going to be perfect, and I know that. I don't know that everyone does, and it'll be funny to hear people screaming for Kitna next year after they had been screaming for Palmer this year. That's always going to go on though.

In the end though I've been converted. I am no longer a doubter. I have been convicned by Johnson, Anderson, Warrick, Zampese and Kitna and others who all agree that Palmer is the real deal. They are a lot closer to the situation than I am, and I'm taking them at their word.

I also think that coach Lewis is taking care of the transitional stage between Kitna and Palmer as we speak. We may not find out about it right away, but I think its underway. I also think that doing it quietly and behind the scenes is the way to go about it. The rest of us will find out when its time and its all ironed out.

In the end though I've been converted. I am no longer a doubter. I have been convicned by Johnson, Anderson, Warrick, Zampese and Kitna and others who all agree that Palmer is the real deal. They are a lot closer to the situation than I am, and I'm taking them at their word.

I also think that coach Lewis is taking care of the transitional stage between Kitna and Palmer as we speak. We may not find out about it right away, but I think its underway. I also think that doing it quietly and behind the scenes is the way to go about it. The rest of us will find out when its time and its all ironed out.

Well the fact that Kitna is singing his praises says a lot, I know Kitna is a nice guy and all, but to talk up they guy that's gonna replace you, well that is saying a lot.

I'd also agree that Marvin is in the process of transitioning between Kit and Palmer. In fact you'll really know when they announce Kitna has signed a new contract. I'll also go on record saying that I think Palmer is the real deal (hell I even shelled out the money for a Palmer jersey before the season started, so that means that he starts next year and the uniforms will be redone :P ) Of course Palmer also recieved huge endorsements from the last Bengals franchise QB and for that matter Boomer actually picked Palmer to win the offensive rookie of the year award, but Kit kinda screwed that one up :lol:

Saw on one of your other posts that your a former Marine as well. We'd most likely agree on a lot of things.

Semper Fi bro! I'm sure we would agree on most things...especially if they are anything to do with improvement of the Bengals. I still honestly believe that the Bengals will start the season next year with Palmer taking the first snap from scrimmage.

I can't see Mike Brown or Marvin Lewis letting that much money and potential languish on the sidelines. Carson held the clipboard while Jon took every offensive snap the Bengals made this past year. He's studied how it's done at this level, and he's no dummy. I'll admit Kitna was probably the best QB available for a young gun like him to come in and watch how you earn respect from your teammates. I'm sure that impressed him, and I don't think he wants the starting job just handed to him. I think he's gonna come out in training camp looking to win the job outright, and with his talent, I think he will! B)