Kentucky Files Suit Against NASCAR

Kirkendall

Yea. I'm not sure. I think Kentucky is getting more impatient only in the fact that New York and Seattle are being floated by NASCAR as possible future tracks and the rumblings that NASCAR may stop allowing testing at non-schedule tracks (i.e. Kentucky).

I don’t think Kentucky is ready for a cup date though.

i don't think they're ready either. they need better parking and definitely more seating to host a nextel race. i'd love to see nextel there though.

Well that very similar lawsuit angle worked well for Texas Speedway that they now have a pair of cup dates. S**t.

Only TWO things come from Texas:

Steers and guy's grinding gears!

Neither is New York or Seattle last I checked, and as far as Seattle, if you think Florida has frequent rain delays, you ain't seen nuttin' yet!

Kentucky simply lacks added access routes, parking, and 500-1000 "Porta-Crappers." Seats aren't all that important. Every Nascar race I watch on TV, there isn't but a handful of people sitting in theirs because they've passed out!

Tell 'em $2 off admission for all fans bringing their own folding chair, and you'll never have to worry about building fan seating!

Neither is New York or Seattle last I checked, and as far as Seattle, if you think Florida has frequent rain delays, you ain't seen nuttin' yet!

True. However, ISC would own either of those two tracks while Kentucky, seemingly, became the biggest thorn in NASCAR's side.

If anything, the suit is just horrible timing... I wonder though, is Kentucky losing money now?

I disagree with NASCARs "brush off" attitude with Kentucky -- it's an incredible speedway with great racing. And if the owners of the track understand they need to expand big time to get a cup date, maybe things will change.

All in all it makes me worry about the future of NASCAR tracks.

In another 10 years will we have 50 races a year at 1.5 and 2 mile race tracks??? When they start fazing out Darlington and Rockingham, where will it end???? Richmond, Martinsville, (oh god, dare I say it) Bristol???

Makes me wonder...

All in all it makes me worry about the future of NASCAR tracks.

In another 10 years will we have 50 races a year at 1.5 and 2 mile race tracks??? When they start fazing out Darlington and Rockingham, where will it end???? Richmond, Martinsville, (oh god, dare I say it) Bristol???

Makes me wonder...

I think one of the best tracks for racing is Richmond's 3/4 mile track -- other than obvious restrictor plate racing (well, just Talledega really). Last I heard, NASCAR was rumbling about the NY track being a 3/4 mile track.

We need more two groove short-tracks... that would ensure not every weekend is dominated by a Roush or Hendricks car (ironically, the past three races haven't been won by the Steinbrenners) but the #8 car is the second most financed car, so... well... whatever. :lol: