teams adding cars in 2006

AMC

What teams look to be adding cars for 2006????

DEI with Truex.

Yates seems to be building for a third team with CITI Financial as the sponser. Any ideas of a good driver for a new Yates cup team?

What other driver changes are in the works? Mears, Sorenson, etc????

Martin and Wallace rides up for grabs........

Will Leffler be in the FedEx car????

The topics are plentiful!

I read a rumor that has either Sterling Marlin to the 07 Richard Childress car or a 3rd upstart team with Yates

Mcmurray to the Roush Racing in 2007

Everham will have 3 teams next season also

Thought I heard Mears going to an Evernham ride next year? That would be an interesting choice.

Marlin to Yates seems OK, but I would prefer a younger driver. Although I like Marlin.

I remember Yates had a chance to keep Kasey Kahne, he drove for Yates in the 38 Great Clips Busch car, but chose Sadler instead.

Seems like Ganassi will have the biggest turnover in the near future.

also Michael Waltrip is negotiating with DEI to come back and drive the 15 next season, this is good news for me, because I am a huge Michael Waltrip fan. I met him once and he is a really great guy, been a fan of his ever since.

I am a Yates guy but I don't mind Waltrip. I dig his new goatee, or whatever that thing is on his chin!!!!!

Waltrip seems to be a great family man. Coming from Owensboro, KY doesn't hurt either.

Truex in the Bass Pro Shop 1 car will be sweet. Just wish it was a Ford!

Yates knows a third team is needed in the Cup series but doesn't have immediate plans to develop one. I think it all depends on sponsorship of course, and that is why he's fielding the #90 in the Busch series -- more of a testing/driver development deal. But Yates seems to just wait for other young drivers to leave and picks them up rather than having a driver development program (ie Roush, Hendricks)

Waltrip is all but signed for the 2006 season; unsure after that. But Truex has said he's doing a full season in the #1 car in '06. Whether or not he moves from the #1 to the #15 is as good a guess as any.

I think in regards to Marlin, he's still deciding what to do. Does he want to continue driving full time, or is he going to take up the retirement package offered from Ganassi.

Evernham is fielding a third car, and from the reports, it's going to be the #10 Valvoline car. I do believe, the announcement yesterday (http://www.evernhammotorsports.com/main.cfm?pagename=article&articleId=10370) settles that. However, as for a driver, I don't think Mears will go there.

I really believe Mears will be with Penske, but not in the #2, I believe that's going to Hornish -- IF he accepts which is murky right now.

I do know Ganassi is fielding a 4th car.

#39 -- Reed Sorenstan (sp?)

#40 -- David Stremme

#41 -- Mears (at this time)

#42 -- McMurray

(that's the understanding of the Ganassi lineup I have).

OTHER ITEMS I BELIEVE:

I think the #6 car will depend on long-term. If Roush decides to go youth, then I think he'll put Jon Wood or Todd Kluever in there. If he decides to go experience, then I think he'll put Ricky Craven in there in search for another driver. However, I think eventually, the 13-year old Matt Martin will sign with Roush and eventually take that car over. That's the kind of owner Roush seems. Plus, I believe Martin owns a good portion of that car.

I really think, eventually, Dale Jr. will leave DEI and head the RCR camp back in the #3 car, however, with the Budweiser sponsorship (while Harvick keeps the Goodwrench sponsorship).

Good stuff Kirk. Those were some of the things I have been hearing as well, just wanted to verify a little to make sure I wasn't hearing things!

I think Roush hires Craven from his truck ride for the time being. That car may be a series of stop-gaps until Matt AMrtin is ready (sooner than later!)

CITI Financial has been rumored to be very interested in a Cup series sponsorship. But you are right, Yates really doesn't go for driver development. I think he likes his drivers a little more seasoned to start with-Irvan (yikes!), Rudd, Sadler, Jarrett, etc. It's all about timing, whose available etc.

I read in 2007 Mcmurray will take over the #6 car.

I honestly can't see Chip Ganassi letting McMurray go. I say that because of pure mathematics. Good driver + good looking guy + well spoken = sponsor happy.

Let me recap on a couple thoughts..

I believe Dale Jr. could go based off very innocent comments and the amount of times he and Childress are seen together, publicly. Then you say, how could Jr. leave the company with his name? Well, I'm not so sure he's happy right now and the amount of pressure he's under right now has to be a ton. What better way to get out of the pressure and give himself a free pass from pissed off fans and the over-rated media coverage on him (how many times was his car on the tube in Saturday night's race)? Then again, he may not do it because he wants his own legacy, number, and career. So I guess that's 50/50.

As for the #6 car, I believe that because it's taking an amazing amount of time to get a driver for the car. That along with other Roush driver, Greg Biffle, saying there's a lack of talent right now in the stock car pool. That's why I think Craven takes the ride temporarily and Mark Martin takes the #99 truck next season. Too much just adds up for Craven in the #6 car. However, if Roush does indeed go youth and future, then Jon Wood and Kluever (no Busch or Cup start, only 12 truck starts) are probably the most ready drivers he currently has (which isn't much right now)

Actually Yates is finally looking at doing a driver development program. Even though turncoat Kahne backed out of his contract(But that's okay cause his ass is going to court), and the whole Kenny Irwin fiasco.... That's the whole point of the 90 team. Have DJ and Elliot establish it, then hand it over to a younger driver, and move CitiFinancial to a third cup team for an already somewhat established driver. Robert knows that DJ ain't gonna be racing but for a couple more years and I think he'd like to have somebody primed for the 88 and not worry about having to sign someone.

• 2 months later...
also Michael Waltrip is negotiating with DEI to come back and drive the 15 next season, this is good news for me, because I am a huge Michael Waltrip fan. I met him once and he is a really great guy, been a fan of his ever since.

Micheal has fully earned and DESERVES that premier ride. Screw condom (Truex) boy. He's earned nothing in comparison. Just because he sucked off Junior a time or ten in their Busch series motorhome doesn't mean you automatically get the ride of a Daytona 500 winner. It means you should go brush that load off your teeth. <_<

Gotta love Silly Season!

Anybody else use Jayski's site? It's THE best site on the internet for Silly Season rumors -- and any other NASCAR gossip. That site is a must for diehard NASCAR fans.

If you truly love Nascar, you can't help but to like that site as well!