Arena Football

BengalNation1281

Arena Football League  

12 members have voted

1. 1. Arena Football League

• I love it!
    • I hate it!
    • I gotta go clean the cat box. (Indifferent)

I won free tickets to the Amarillo Dusters-Bossier City Battle Wings af2 game last week, and it was the first time that I had been to an arena football game since 2003, when Wichita still had an arena football team and, coincidentally, I still lived in Wichita (I had wanted to go to some games down here, but my job kept me from doing so).

I had forgotten how much fun arena football games are. The score wasn't 85-61, like it was for my first af2 game, but it was a good back-and-forth game that actually had some good defense being played by my hometown Dusters, and we won 51-34.

I had watched some Dallas Desperados AFL games on TV from time to time, but going back to a game was such a good experience that I actually went out and bought tickets to the next home game, and I am contemplating getting season tickets for the 2006 season.

So, I ask you all...what do you think of arena football? Is it a good way to pass the time between NFL seasons, or is it a complete waste of your time?

*IMO: No, it's not as good as the NFL, but it's a great way to get through the offseason.*

I went to a couple Columbus Destroyers games last season and I think they are a blast. I never watch it on TV, cause its just not the same. The tickets are really cheap, and last year we ordered tickets 2 days before the game and we got seats 4 rows from the field. Almost had a ball <_< .

It doesn't compare to the NFL, but it's a good, fast paced game with a lot of entertainment that helps to pass the time during the offseason. We were thinking about buying season tickets for this year, but we ended up not even goin to a game this season.

You should have made this a poll!

I vote: indifferent.

We have a team here in Nashville, but I've never been to a game. It feels like an arcade version of football (think NFL Blitz). Just not my thing...

Good idea. I'm sure BN1281 won't mind!

Don't mess with my thread, Broome!!! :angry:

No, I realized that it would have made a better poll after Skyline mentioned it, so a poll it shall be. Thank you, good sir.

No, I realized that it would have made a better poll after Skyline mentioned it, so a poll it shall be. Thank you, good sir.

You're just pissed because I gotta cat box that needs cleaning. I would probably feel different had I ever seen a game in person. On TV, I just cannot watch. My problem not yours.

No, I realized that it would have made a better poll after Skyline mentioned it, so a poll it shall be.  Thank you, good sir.

You're just pissed because I gotta cat box that needs cleaning. I would probably feel different had I ever seen a game in person. On TV, I just cannot watch. My problem not yours.

Hey, you can clean your cat box AND watch an arena football game at the same time. To suggest that the two cannot be done at the same time just makes you sound lazy :D .

And yes, it is much, much better in person.

its very boring to watch on tv due to the angles and the speed of the game. ive never been live but its gotta be better live.

I thought the same thing. When we lived in Cali my brother had season tickets to the SaberCats and I never went with him. When we moved to Atlanta they brought a team out here. I went to my first game with my brother the year they got here and have been a season ticket holder since. (For 4 years) My boyfriend actually plays for the Force. Which has made the last 2 years even more interesting and enjoyable. I have been to several away games and went to the Arena Bowl, even though we lost by a field goal, it was a GREAT GAME. (Plus, it was in VEGAS)

Every person that I have gotten tickets for fell in love with the game. It such a fast pace and exciting game. You don't want to take a bathroom break because you may miss something. You don't get the same feeling watching it on TV. If you have a team in your area, check it out. It is a resonable family outing or something to check out.

My take I LOVE IT!!