MAXIELL!!!

cj4mvp85

good fit for him and detroit. they need an aggressive defender like him to play 15-20 minutes a game...and that's great that he gets a guarunteed contract.

That's a good pickup for Detroit. He'll be a baby Ben back there.

Not meaning to change the subject, but my Spurs continue their trend of picking raw talent from other parts of the world. This time it's a power forward from France, Ian Mahinmi. I can't say that I know much about him, but he's very raw and will probably spend the next few years overseas and then show up, but R.C.(Spurs GM) and Coach Pop must be big on him to give him first round money. It's really crazy, but we almost have a complete European farm team now. We've got the draft rights to five guys over in Europe and the core of the current team is signed for the next several years. Let the guys develop in Europe without feeling the major need to bring them over too soon, and then bring them in and hopefully be able to fit in pretty quickly.

lakers draft who knows...we havent really had good drafts since west left so i didnt expect much. wasnt as good as it shoulda been.

that baby shaq in the first round surprised the s**t out of me...who knows what they were thinking...mb in a few years he'll shine.

turiaf in the 2nd i am happy with...he can play D and get rebounds - good role player. the other guy from FSU...dunno about that one either...another SG why?

I'm a Pistons fan too, and I'm pumped about this. I would rather have drafted Salim Stoudamire, but Maxiell was a good pick. The thing with Maxiell is that he is a very undersized power forward, heighth wise, but he is really strong with a good work ethic, he's a good offensive player, and he is very versatile. Remind you of anyone CJ? Other Pistons fans? Jason Maxiell is the next Corliss Williamson.

history shows larry brown doesn't play rookies a lot at all, but maxiell is as far as you can be from a rookie, while still being one. what? :wacko: four-year college ball-player, with a lot of intensity and effort...max may be the first rook to make larry brown bend (if he's still coaching) and let him play significantly. i hope so.

I'm a Pistons fan too, and I'm pumped about this. I would rather have drafted Salim Stoudamire, but Maxiell was a good pick. The thing with Maxiell is that he is a very undersized power forward, heighth wise, but he is really strong with a good work ethic, he's a good offensive player, and he is very versatile. Remind you of anyone CJ? Other Pistons fans? Jason Maxiell is the next Corliss Williamson.

better than Corliss J-Max plays defense alot more better and can dunk it alot more better :P

I am not a fan of UC basketball, have always been XU fan. But I have tremendous support for Jason Maxiell. He defined what a true college basketball player is. He played hard and did great, and he also succeeded in the classroom. He wasn't out killing or robbing people, but he worked on his school work, and his bball game. Good Luck Jason. Your gonna be a hell of a pro basketball player.