Are any fans more loyal than Bengal fans?

walzav29

I was just looking at the history of Cincy. This will be the 38th season, and I have followed them since 81'. They have only had 7 playoff appearances in 37 seasons. Is there any team worse than that in the NFL? At least we'll have the Super Bowl this year.

Well, we've at least been to the Superbowl before. The Browns had to move to Baltimore to get theirs!

But in answer to your question... few teams have dealt with a decade of futility the way the Bengals did, and still had the kind of support the fans in Cincy bring. I'm not real sure that's a good thing though. Does this communicate that we are content with mediocrity? When other teams are this bad, people stop showing up.

Nah.. We're just that loyal!

The Arizona/St Louis Cardinals have been bad too. But I agree Bengals fans are one of a kind. I live in San Diego and when the Bengals came out here 2 years ago, there was a large amount of Bengal jerseys in the stands. Alot of fans came up to me and talked about the turn around. I think the day the Bengals return to the playoffs will rank right up there with the Biggest moments in Cincy sports history.

The Arizona/St Louis Cardinals have been bad too. But I agree Bengals fans are one of a kind. I live in San Diego and when the Bengals came out here 2 years ago, there was a large amount of Bengal jerseys in the stands. Alot of fans came up to me and talked about the turn around. I think the day the Bengals return to the playoffs will rank right up there with the Biggest moments in Cincy sports history.

I agree that the very few fans that root for Arizona are loyal... but no one in Arizona cares about the Cardinals. Have you been there? They're all cowboy's fans.

How many fans of other teams do you see sporting gear in Cincy? You might see a Vick jersey here and there... but most people in Southern Ohio are Bengals or nothing.

As much as I hate the Cleveland Clowns, they do have some of the best fans in the NFL. Let's face it, when their owner up and moved out of town, the NFL was forced to keep the Browns name in Cleveland. That has never happened before. The Browns have fans in every city across the country, and yet they have NEVER been to the Super Bowl, and have a playoff drought that rivals our own.

As much as I hate the Cleveland Clowns, they do have some of the best fans in the NFL. Let's face it, when their owner up and moved out of town, the NFL was forced to keep the Browns name in Cleveland. That has never happened before. The Browns have fans in every city across the country, and yet they have NEVER been to the Super Bowl, and have a playoff drought that rivals our own.

Didn't they win next to every championship title pre-Super Bowl?

I realize it was a long time ago, but you have fathers and grandfathers from that era and probably 90% of the fans here are fans because of our fathers.

At least that's my guess.

From my various travels. I have to say that the Oakland Raiders have the most loyal fanbase. Few fan bases have had to endure the struggles that the Cincy fan base has.

You would be amazed how many Charger fans came onboard last season. 2 years ago you did not see a Charger jersey walking around out here. Now everyone is sporting them, talking Chargers forever.

Sad but true. They're all idiots, throwing stuff on the field, and embarrassing themselves on National Television as ignorant, uneducated, ass's, but you're right.

Gotta love fair-weathered fans, and bandwagoneers.

Without them, there would have been no Cowboy's fans in the 90's, no Patriots fans now, and only us Bengals fan's for the next 10 years.

I always have a good laugh at my friends who suddenly have become Patriots and Pistons fans (Wait... maybe the Spurs after tonight)... but without them, we would have no one to look down our noses at!

And if anyone wants to jump on the Bengals bandwagon, it's not too late to say you liked them before they were good!

I have been a bengals fan since I can remember life. I am 24 now and have been too games since the '89 season. I went to 6-7 games a year since '92 and I have been too those games late in the season when it is cold as hell, we are 2-13 and there wasn't a damn fan in the place. My dad would even stop going. I don't want to here you people talk about loyalty when you learn what that word means then you can use it. I bet 75% of the fans in this room are fair weather fans, maybe you have always wanted the bengals to win, but did you support the team through those rough seasons? I doubt it. As for those fans in here I wouldn't care if you didn't come to the games you make us REAL fans look bad. Cleveland will sell out a game late in the season with a 4-11 record, the bengals would never.

I have been a bengals fan since I can remember life. I am 24 now and have been too games since the '89 season. I went to 6-7 games a year since '92 and I have been too those games late in the season when it is cold as hell, we are 2-13 and there wasn't a damn fan in the place. My dad would even stop going. I don't want to here you people talk about loyalty when you learn what that word means then you can use it. I bet 75% of the fans in this room are fair weather fans, maybe you have always wanted the bengals to win, but did you support the team through those rough seasons? I doubt it. As for those fans in here I wouldn't care if you didn't come to the games you make us REAL fans look bad. Cleveland will sell out a game late in the season with a 4-11 record, the bengals would never.

Depends on your definition of loyalty. Not going to games and being pissed off at the team doesn't mean you're disloyal. Some work. Some have bigger priorties on Sunday's than a football team.

Everyone's loyal here. We get pissed, things happen, but we're all loyal.

Not being loyal would mean not being a fan, not rooting for the team, etc... At least that's my interpretation.

i understand that not everyone can make it to every game but i walk around dayton these days and everyone has got there bengals gear on and i just fit in... for a long time I would walk in a place and get dogged for my bengals gear. Now people tell me i'm just a fair weather fan when I wear my bengals gear. I just don't like to listen to people talk about loyalty when they know they took a few years off from watching them.

You need to read this topic again, little boy. Once again you make as assumption about me when you don't even know who the hell I am. I watched my father on TV with a Tim Krumrie jersey on as he was carted off the field during the Super Bowl

ASS + U+Me =assume, but right now your just making an ass out of yourself

So, why don't you just shut up, enjoy the forums, and try to make an intelligent post at least once in awhile

Once again, try not to say anything when you know nothing about it.

hey cock sucker if you read my post you wouldn't be so offended dumb $hit... I said 75% of fans in here... if you need help with math that means you could be part of the 25%. So if you want to spend all day on here comparing dick sizes we can but i'm going to go get some p***y bitch.