Abdullah Waived

Kirkendall

From Bengals.com

The Bengals today waived LB Khalid Abdullah and DT Terrance Martin. Abdullah, a third-year player, was the Bengals fifth-round draft pick in 2003. He played in 16 games as a rookie before spending the entire 2004 season on the Reserve/Injured list with an ankle injury he suffered in training camp last year. Also a third-year player, Martin was on the Bengals roster for the final nine games last season after signing as a free agent and saw action in two games.

Did you hear that sigh of relief? Did that come from Webster or C. Miller or L. Johnson?

Not LJ or CM...and I don't think NW really cares that much anymore, but he probably does. I would imagine he hopes his NFL days aren't over.

Stay tuned for tomorrows release...KW...I'm just guessing this, but if I read Hue Jacksons face correctly after KW missed his 3rd straight catchable ball in practice...at some point having him makes the coaches look bad.

His only salvation is that this is his 3rd year which is usually breakout year for WR's. Besides that, being in shape, and that I liked the little rookie diaries they wrote on him on Bengals.com a while back...I can't think of a single good thing to say about him...O yeah, he's tall...big-boned maybe...a friendly smile

I'm sorry boys and girls, but the squirel is about to leave the jungle

i was surprised abdullah was cut.

Me, too. I thought he played fine on STs as a rook, and then obviously got hurt last year. Something more is going on, I suspect. Either he wasn't bouncing back from injury or there was some attitude/work ethic/motivation-type issue.

i was surprised abdullah was cut.

Me, too. I thought he played fine on STs as a rook, and then obviously got hurt last year. Something more is going on, I suspect. Either he wasn't bouncing back from injury or there was some attitude/work ethic/motivation-type issue.

Yea, that hurt my 3-4 defense in '06 theory out the window.

I wouldn't be surprised if we see other LBers cut though, but no other big names.

I think it was a suprise due to the fact that a month ago or whatever, we couldn't let Hardy go due to all the injuries. Must say something positive to how our past injuries are coming along. Or not... :)

WHODEY !!!

I sure hope that's right Army Bengal.

That's what popped to mind--the Silent Assassin and Charley "Caleb Miller" Bucket must be OK. If those 2 are healthy then backup WSLB is about as covered as it needs to be. Besides ST, I'd say Abdullah is pretty much limited to WSLB -- 3's a crowd and a roster spot needed to be cleared for elsewhere.

There was mention of this helping Wilkins. I don't think it factors in for Wilkins if he is the roster spot lock that he looks like because of ST play. I'd say it looks like it helps Larry Stevens, who sure seemed to gets more action at SSLB than Wilkins did last year.