Do you need more evidence why Formula One

BengalszoneBilly

I've been a huge F1 fan since 1997. This is one thing that F1 will not be able to shake for a long, long time. I wouldn't be suprised to see Tony George(Indianapolis Motor Speedway President) pull out of the F1 contract, since there will be no one in the stands if there is a US grand prix next year. For fans it usually costs about $1,000 for a grand prix weekend in Indianapolis, which is very steep.

I don't think F1 driving sucks, I think it's the politics that are involved that do. Basically the FIA president Max Mosley has destroyed the sport with implementing stupid rules. I understand the team bosses pulling there cars because of driver safety. Imagine if NASCAR teams only had one set of tires for a whole race weekend(D@mn you Mosley). This is why the controversy arose, if Mosley would have actually obliged to let a chicane in the track to prevent massive tire wear we wouldn't have this thread.

How could they allow just six cars to start a race in the BIGGEST autoracing market in the world? I'll tell you why. They cannot hold a candle to Nascar, and they know it!

I USED to love F1 too, as I did all open wheel racing. It's a thing of the past. I should know. I'm from there.

Well I understand your point Billybroome. For me I love the sport, I just think the politics ruin it. The drivers are talented and the teams are as well, but when you have stuck up political board such as the FIA it ruins races for many fans as well as the drivers and teams.

Well I understand your point Billybroome.  For me I love the sport, I just think the politics ruin it.  The drivers are talented and the teams are as well, but when you have stuck up political board such as the FIA it ruins races for many fans as well as the drivers and teams.

And I understand yours too, because I could again love it. Remember little Jackie Stewart? He was the last F1 champ I followed, and you're right about the politics. It's rendered a great sport without meaning on these shores.

hmm thought F1 only ran road courses

Well even though they drive at Indianapolis they basically drive on the circuit backwards. The only part of the old speedway that they drive on is what is turn 1 and 2 and the front stretch of what would be the Brickyard 400 or Indy 500 circuit. After this the driving down the fronstretch of the course they turn off on a road coarse that was finished in the late 90s I believe. The reason that part of the old track was involved is to give it a historic touch. Here's a link about how it's set up http://www.formula1.com/race/circuitmap/740.html.

And by the way Billybroome I have seen footage of Jackie Stewart race and he was an amazing driver. He's also a very good team manager, I don't know why Jaguar ever got rid of him. Honestly I think he should be the one running F1 instead of Max Mosley or Bernie Ecclestone :P