Is it that hard to find someone

BengalszoneBilly

I cracked up when I saw this on Nascar.com. The National Anthem has become sheer agony to sit through and listen to for me due to the absolutely crappy performances by the singers! And it's not just Nascar either. I hear it (the crappiness) from all other sports I watch as well!

...is it that hard to find someone to sing the national anthem.

It seems like every week, we're talking about someone screwing it up. There was John Michael Montgomery's horrid version at Atlanta, Anthony Hamilton's melodically-challenged verse at Charlotte and last Saturday Susanne Truitt had fans nationwide cringing before the Busch Series race at Dover.

Do us all a favor. Just play a tape of Whitney Houston version from Super Bowl XXV -- before crack was whack -- and be done with it.

I gotta agree with the last point. Whitney Houston's version is the best, and has never been topped. If you're a singer, and you're not going to give her version a run for the money, shut the hell up and key the tape!

Actually, NASCAR recently told the performers, and each one to follow, to do it traditionally or don't do it at all.

Reason #1 I like Nascar -- if there is a problem within the sport, they make sure it's corrected, no matter how big the impact (green/white/checkers or freezing the field at caution) unlike the other sports.