Dallas Morning News, Athlon Sports, Street & Smith

Hey guys...haven't been around in a few days and wanted to cover some things that I found in the meantime.

Rick Gosselin of the Dallas Morning News put out his NFL Off-Season Rankings over the weekend, and I was pleasantly surprised to find that he put the Bengals at #11. He was extremely complimentary of Marvin Lewis and Carson Palmer, and praised the draft and the selection of David Pollack. I was shocked to see anyone from the DMN saying good things about any team other than the Cowboys. It was nice :player:

Street and Smith had the Bengals 3rd in the AFC North behind Pitt (#1) and Baltimore (#2)...nothing surprising there, but what was really surprising to me was that they had the NY Giants getting one of the wild-card berths in the NFC. I would wholeheartedly disagree and put the Giants at no better than 7-9 (if they are really, really lucky), but that's just me.

But Athlon...they also had the Bengals at 3rd in the AFC North, but they had the most horrible playoff prediction I've seen all offseason.

Brace yourselves...

Baltimore over Philadelphia in the Super Bowl :o:o:o

Yes, you read that correctly, Baltimore wins the NFL Championship. Kyle Boller is the QB of the team that will win Super Bowl XL. Baltimore is better than both Pittsburgh and Cincinnati in the AFC North, and they win the Bowl.

I was sick to my stomach for an hour after I read that. Worst Prediction Ever.

but what was really surprising to me was that they had the NY Giants getting one of the wild-card berths in the NFC. I would wholeheartedly disagree and put the Giants at no better than 7-9 (if they are really, really lucky), but that's just me.

7-9 might get you a wild card in the NFC... :wacko:

...tho I have to say I think both Philly and Dallas will be better than the jints this year.

Baltimore v. Philly? Well, both have legit playoff hopes...but personally I don't expect either will make the big game.

Baltimore is better than both Pittsburgh and Cincinnati in the AFC North, and they win the Bowl.

I was sick to my stomach for an hour after I read that. Worst Prediction Ever.

I don't know about worst prediction ever. THis forum has talked in great length about how most people here tend to uner-rate the Ravens, and the rest of the world over-rates them because of how many big name stars they have.

Most teams lately (Patriots) have been winning on the team concept, so I'm not worried about them winning the big game, but they will probably havea winning season, and be in the playoff hunt all year long.

So I don't think this is the "worst prediction ever"... I usually reserve that for stuff like the time my wife said "I bet Big Orange is really attractive"

I certainly don't underestimate the Ravens, and I am sure that they will be in the playoff hunt all year long, but the thought of a team led by Kyle Boller being the SB champs makes me break out in hives.

Maybe not "worst prediction ever", but one of the worst I've heard for 2005.

You could have CJ, Owens, and Moss as receivers for Boller and he'd still have mediocre numbers. The guy is just piss poor. They've thrown away decent receivers because they thought that Boller just needed better weapons.

They say that Bellichek is an offensive genius so I don't get it. Maybe he's just extactic to have a player who stays out of jail...out of the end zone too, though. I would think they would at least bring in a serious rook or vet to give the guy some competition :blink:

Ah yes...the Rats...err Ravens.

Let's do some Ravens math.

Lessee-over the last three years,they have had the AFC Offensive player of the year,the AFC Defensive player of the year,and 16,count em' 16 Pro Bowlers.

Pretty damn impressive eh?

You know what that adds up to?One playoff appearance in the three year span,and that was a first round loss at home to the Titans.

With all of that(alleged)talent,either they are an incredibly under achieving team,or Billick isn't the coach that many(and he himself) think he is.

Let us also keep in mind that if Anthony Wright hadn't stepped in after the Boller injury in 2003, there was a pretty good chance that the Ravens wouldn't have seen the postseason. Yes, it was a weak year in the AFC North, but without the momentum that came with winning under Wright we might have seen the Bengals in the playoffs and not the Ravens.

Do you think that Boller would have been able to come back from the 41-14 deficit against the Seahawks? I don't.

Why? Because BOLLER SUCKS!!!!