See what Casey and Graves say about D'Angelo

Kirkendall

From DDN.

The 'Right Move'

The removal of D'Angelo Jimenez from the roster was met with near-unanimous approval in the clubhouse.

Graves said it best.

"When you don't want to try and you don't want to try to get better, there are guys in the minors who do," he said. "That attitude can become a cancer. D'Angelo didn't have the attitude that I'm going to help the team. If a guy isn't going to try to contribute, why keep him around?"

Said Casey, "I tried to be nice to the guy, but he was mean to me. I felt like putting a fence in front of my locker and putting up a sign that said, 'Keep that negative attitude on your side of the clubhouse.' "

Jimenez left the team without comment, and his agent has not returned phone calls.

http://www.daytondailynews.com/sports/cont...2redsnotes.html

The removal of D'Angelo Jimenez from the roster was met with near-unanimous approval in the clubhouse.

Graves said it best.

"When you don't want to try and you don't want to try to get better, there are guys in the minors who do," he said. "That attitude can become a cancer. D'Angelo didn't have the attitude that I'm going to help the team. If a guy isn't going to try to contribute, why keep him around?"

Graves said it best? Lemme guess. He flipped D'Angelo off too!

I bet D'Angelo is laughing his ass off right now! If I was him, I'd have called Danny boy up on the phone and give him the license number off that bus load of Karma that just ran his ass over!

My God. I think you guys (not you Josh...) were right by calling the Reds to go "wire to wire" after the seasons 3rd game. They're a train wreck that just won't end!

The Reds need to just clean house. 100%. From the owner to the bat boy. s**t can 'em all. Griffey too. I loved him when he was a Mariner. It's time for him to hop the next boat outa town. I can't bear to watch 'em.

To me there's simply nothing positive about the Reds, or baseball in general. I wouldn't mind one bit if baseball followed hockey into oblivion, and that's something I never thought I'd say after growing up Worshiping (yes I DO mean WORSHIPPING!) Cincinnati's Big Red Machine!

Goodbye MLB! You have become totally irrelevant to me.

Sorry Billy, but it's been that way for almost two decades now. Baseball is dead

I'll agree in the fact of it's death, but not about that being the case for 20 years. At least not for me. I hate to say it, but it ended with the sale of the organization to it's current owners! The feeling hasn't been good since "Shottzy" was taking monster dumps in the outfield of Riverfront stadium.

The current Reds ownership can't carry Marges jockstrap!

*No disrespect to ya' Marge, ya' brutal ol' broad! That was totally your area of expertise! :P

Baseball's dead? HAHAHA.

There's no other sport you can hit the park, sit back, have a few beers and relax for three hours.

The Reds piss me off as much as anyone, but damn. If I were to give up on the Reds this easily, then that wouldn't make me a credible Bengals fan, would it?

Damn, enjoy the game. Don't worry about playoffs. Don't worry about front office BS. Don't worry about the controversy of the game (none applies to the Reds). Go to the game, grab a few Budweisers, take a few buddies and just enjoy the night. It's baseball. Not life.

OK, I'm done. Sorry. :P

Baseball's dead? HAHAHA.

There's no other sport you can hit the park, sit back, have a few beers and relax for three hours.

Yes, and you can do this, because the game isn't that interesting. Sorry, but Baseball is the slowest sport in the world. Bowling has more action to it! "The Perfect Game" is a no hitter, no action except a guy on the mound throwing a ball to a guy behind the plate and a batter standing there unable to make contact. Not really very action filled now is it?

The same teams win year after year, because if another team has a rising star, they buy him. No salary cap = no competition. No salary cap = overpaid babies whining and striking for more money.

Snorefest!

Personally, I'd much rather hit the park (Winton Woods works), sit back, have a few beers, and relax for three hours for free.

Baseball's dead? HAHAHA.

The Reds piss me off as much as anyone, but damn. If I were to give up on the Reds this easily, then that wouldn't make me a credible Bengals fan, would it?

Damn, enjoy the game. Don't worry about playoffs. Don't worry about front office BS. Don't worry about the controversy of the game (none applies to the Reds). Go to the game, grab a few Budweisers, take a few buddies and just enjoy the night. It's baseball. Not life.

OK, I'm done. Sorry. :P

What he said !!!!!

I've ranted this before, so I'll re do in bullet form ( for all of you with short attention spans )

Baseball is the national pass time. Professional baseball was born in Cincinnati just like most of us were. The nation at large and we fortunate few in particular have a special affinity with the game of baseball. That affinity and that game will exist as long as we do as a nation and it will never die. It may change .... and not always for the better, but it'll be there.

Baseball dead in Cincy ????? NO WAY! The fans are pissed ... and rightfully so. Bring opening day back to Cincinnati where it belongs ( not in Japan or Mexico ) put a team on the field that can compete on an even playing field with the other teams in the game ( we don't need a guaranteed winner just an even chance ) and the only people at Winton Woods ... Sharon Woods or any other woods are going to be the ones who couldn't get tickets. Even that'll be OK tho .... because on every open field ... and patch of grass kids will be playing BASEBALL.

Let the people say Amen!

Let me rephrase my own statement " Baseball is killing itself" There, i feel better ;)

And keep in mind Kirk, your three hour day in the sun would cost you probably atleast $100 bucks, beer included

$9 bucks for bleacher seats. And it's not like I'm pounding them either; I know the cost is a little steep for a beer. If I want to get drunk then I hit the bar then go to the game -- cost effectiveness. :lol:

Take $20-30 and all is happy in my candycane land. ^_^

I do agree with you BB on that baseball is killing itself -- my source of complete distain for Bud Selig and Don Fehr.

Bozo -- well said. I would say the amount of people mad and pissed off shows how much this city cares for their redlegs.

If they brought Pete Rose back to be the manager of the team, (and maybe a sports book or two) I'd feel differently. Well that and possibly rebuilding Riverfront complete with that plastic "Astro-turf" to play in and rent out Great American to a minor league team?

And while they're at it, put that wall back up in Berlin Germany too. It was awful how Reagan got those hoods to vadalize it and rip it down!