Reds/Cardinals

skyline

Ok, so this game has to be a joke, right?

Surely, all the mlb community got together and decided to fake the score tonight...you know...just for a few laughs.

It must be a joke, because I refuse to believe that we just gave up 7 runs in the 9th inning!!!!!

no explanation for this, just totally pathetic....were on a 4 game losing streak, now this.

Sick of the bs with this. team who pays a s**tty pitcher 9 mill a season to suckass.

Eric milton was the worst idea in franchise history.

seriously if we are going to lose why not do it with class and have Barry larkin at SS.

no explanation for this, just totally pathetic....were on a 4 game losing streak, now this.

Sick of the bs with this. team who pays a s**tty pitcher 9 mill a season to suckass.

seriously if we are going to lose why not do it with class and have Barry larkin at SS.

Uhhhhh...Eric Milton actually pitched VERY well...I wouldn't be blaming this one on him.

that had to be the biggest disgrace i have seen while watching a reds game over the past 15 years.

Actually, they said this was the worst meltdown since 1951 ... so that'd be more like 54 years. :blink:

Even I don't remember that one.

Knew this was coming as soon as I saw the first guy get walked. The guys hitting .169 and you've got a 6 run lead ????? Pitch to him and make him put it in play ....... that's what all those other guys are out there for.

Throws to Casey that kept pulling him off the base were a lot of help too.

Put Lindner , Allen and O Brien all in a bag of cement .... and into the river with 'em. :angry:

I was soooooo excited because they showed the game on ESPN down here in San Antonio and to be beating the hell out of the Cards was great, then here comes the relief. What a F**KING JOKE !!! I get so sick of year after year hearing... If the Reds just had some pitching, they'd win it all. With all the power in the lineup, a "GOOD" pitcher would have all the run support they would need. Graves, how'd you give up those two homers ?? How do you leave a hanging curve over the middle of the plate when pitching to Edmonds ?? I was embarrassed watching the end of that game. God, I can't stand Lindner. At least Mike Brown brought in Marvin Lewis !!!

WHODEY !!!

Uhhhhh...Eric Milton actually pitched VERY well...I wouldn't be blaming this one on him.

I agree here. We're getting what we expected out of Milton. Graves, Weathers, and Weber need to be gone if this team is to improve.

Here's a quote from ol' Danny boy.

"I've been there before," said Graves, who allowed two home runs and was charged with his first blown save and loss of the season. "I know it's not going to be the last time. Obviously it's very frustrating. It's more frustrating that the hometown fans are booing us.

"The bottom line is we try the best we can. We're out there doing the best we can every time out. To have that happen makes us feel really small."

Two things:

1. It's not going to be the last time you give up 7-runs in the 9th and lose by one run? Huh? First time since, what, 1953? Give me a freakin' break. And, we DAMNED WELL going to boo if you can't hold a 6 RUN LEAD!

2. You're trying? Damn, that's what we tell 6 year old children after striking out.. hey, at least you're trying. The hell with trying. SAVE THE DAMNED GAME and do something worthwhile, like GETTING PEOPLE OUT!

What a waste of money.

PS, I'd rather have Milton than Graves.

I agree here. We're getting what we expected out of Milton. Graves, Weathers, and Weber need to be gone if this team is to improve.

"I've been there before," said Graves, who allowed two home runs and was charged with his first blown save and loss of the season. "I know it's not going to be the last time. Obviously it's very frustrating. It's more frustrating that the hometown fans are booing us.

"The bottom line is we try the best we can. We're out there doing the best we can every time out. To have that happen makes us feel really small."

Two things:

1. It's not going to be the last time you give up 7-runs in the 9th and lose by one run? Huh? First time since, what, 1953? Give me a freakin' break. And, we DAMNED WELL going to boo if you can't hold a 6 RUN LEAD!

2. You're trying? Damn, that's what we tell 6 year old children after striking out.. hey, at least you're trying. The hell with trying. SAVE THE DAMNED GAME and do something worthwhile, like GETTING PEOPLE OUT!

What a waste of money.

I haven't read any of the press on it, and based on what you just said, I guess it's a good thing I haven't.

What a baby! You're supposed to say there's no excuse for how you played, etc...

The LAST thing you do is whine about the fans booing you! <_<

Wait, Danny Graves is complaining that the fans booed him???? How are they not supposed to? And how is he gonna come out and complain about it? He should say something like, "I'm sorry, and we will work on it to make sure it doesn't happen again".

I can't believe the bullpen ruined a sweet offensive night that included homers by Griff, Rich, Dunn and a true Sean Casey 4-4 night.

Ryan Wagner for Closer!!!

Is anyone listening to Cunningham? He's ripping the entire team. Griffey for not hussling (ever!), Casey for being a weak slop, Graves for just being a bad pitcher, etc... it's good stuff. 

Griffey can't hustle because of his legs, Casey runs like an over weight old lady with arthritis, and Graves is a wiffle ball pitcher in a Red's uniform. :lol::lol::lol:

Is anyone listening to Cunningham? He's ripping the entire team. Griffey for not hussling (ever!), Casey for being a weak slop, Graves for just being a bad pitcher, etc... it's good stuff. 

Griffey can't hustle because of his legs, Casey runs like an over weight old lady with arthritis, and Graves is a wiffle ball pitcher in a Red's uniform. :lol::lol::lol:

He was rippin' em, wasn't he? ^_^^_^^_^

Casey runs like old people f**k, but you gotta love the fact that he can just plain hit the ball. Hitting over .300 again this year and is one consistent bright spot every year.

WHODEY !!!

Not really. And I hate to argue a good aspect within the team, but I just can't get a grip with Casey batting in the third spot hitting singles and not driving in runs. Probably a complaint against Miley, but Casey is nothing close to a run producer -- just a singles hitter. Just MHO.

It would be different, I guess, if he batted in the no. 2 or 6 spot, but apparently no one is good enough to upseat him.

I dunno if anyone listens to Rome, but he absolutley blasted the reds today. As much as I hated to, it was kinda funny.

PATHETIC :angry::(

Two things:

What a waste of money.

I agree with you 100% Kirk. Hell, they are lucky they just got booed. Blowing a 6 run lead in the ninth opens you up to having s**t thrown at you. (Kidding of course)